Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Dale Earnhardt Sr Daytona 500 Crash Car Ellite!!!! I do have a couple questions about this though... (1) It has a bit of a silverish color to it? and (2) It has no DIN plate under the car and i think it's supposed to? Any Help would be greatly appreciated thanks and enjoy!

· Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure because the outter sleeve on the box says 1 of 10,000 which i know they made 10,000 of the regular elites and then 502 i think of the platinum and the gold. The color chrome,brushed metal, and obviously the original release were are just ARC i thought? and with it having no DIN plate or number im wondering if it may be a proto-type or maybe they just weren't individually numbered like the other elites?

· Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
WOW!! Thats an awsome birthday present!

· Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[MENTION=3137]tankemt[/MENTION] trust me I know I don't really care one way or another your right its a crash car no matter what way I look at it and I'm so excited to finally have one! I'm just curious about it more the fact that its not numbered which I figured it would be

· Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm not sure because the outter sleeve on the box says 1 of 10,000 which i know they made 10,000 of the regular elites and then 502 i think of the platinum and the gold. The color chrome,brushed metal, and obviously the original release were are just ARC i thought? and with it having no DIN plate or number im wondering if it may be a proto-type or maybe they just weren't individually numbered like the other elites?
I'm almost 100% positive that my Elite crash car has a numbered plate...

No matter what, great add! Congrats!

· Registered
1,002 Posts
That is a color chrome car. It looks like in the pics that the front and rear windows do not have the metal straps on them and just the black paint. The ELITE has the metal straps and a number plate. It looks to me that you got a QVC For Race Fans Only color chrome car in an ELITE box.

· AKA Leadfoot
121,844 Posts
The Elite version was 1 of 10,000 and it should have a plate on the bottom with a #. Your's does look like a Color Chrome and that did not come in the Elite box marked 1 of 10,000. Also I looked at you car again and it does not have the metal straps on the front windshield or the rear window. That car does not belong in that box. The Seller put the Color chrome version in the Elite box.

Congrats on the new add no matter what version it is.

· AKA Leadfoot
121,844 Posts
That is a color chrome car. It looks like in the pics that the front and rear windows do not have the metal straps on them and just the black paint. The ELITE has the metal straps and a number plate. It looks to me that you got a QVC For Race Fans Only color chrome car in an ELITE box.
Man Gary [MENTION=2457]EazyG29[/MENTION] , I'm getting slow in my old age. You beat me to it.

· Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So really I got shafted? well actually my girlfriend was the one who purchased it but still. I am very happy i finally got one but now i am really upset that it's not correct really in any sort of way. I guess nothing i can really do about it though.

· Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i was able to get a hold of the person she bought it from and thankfully she was willing to work with me as she stated she had no idea it was the wrong car as she got the collection when her family member passed away and she was just selling as to what the boxes said, and is willing to allow me to return the car for a refund. But now i have to go back on the search for an elite within the 200-220 shipped price range.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Well i was able to get a hold of the person she bought it from and thankfully she was willing to work with me as she stated she had no idea it was the wrong car as she got the collection when her family member passed away and she was just selling as to what the boxes said, and is willing to allow me to return the car for a refund. But now i have to go back on the search for an elite within the 200-220 shipped price range.
More than likely if she had mixed up the boxes then she should have the ELITE in the wrong box as well. If it were me I would try to get both:wink:
Good that she's willing to work with you.

Man Gary @EazyG29 , I'm getting slow in my old age. You beat me to it.
I have my moments.

Eazyg29 = 1
Dale3DaleJr88 = 6,987,658,321

I'm catching up!!!
:crazy:

· Registered
2,021 Posts
What were the production numbers on the color chrome version? If my memory serves it was 1 of 5,004. That's a lower number than the Elite and way lower than the original! You may want to hang on to it and try to get the right box!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.