Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know over the past year I've seperated from my ex-wife, moved into an apartment with my new girlfriend, then moved into a place we could call home, and had a baby. Over that time I had to sell my whole collection except for some of the things she had gotten me back in 2002 when we were together back then. I have tried to start over a few times but money issues still kept coming back and I had to sell it all over again. I think we have gotten ourselves into a position with my job now that I will be able to resume my hardcore collecting ways once again. Here are 3 pics of what I have now...not much...but it's a good start...

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
glad you can get back to collecting. do i detect and JGR theme? lol

G

·
looks like a great restart racer.you might want to check the clearance ends in automotive and sporting goods at target they are getting rid of the racing stuff they had you might find some odds and ends there.i got a set of the 4 3d cups of dale jr. and jeff for $2.48 each.just wanted to pass that on.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Nice re-start! Boy those Hamlin pieces look really lonely! I like it. You guys will have me collecting Winners Circle stuff yet. They all look great in your collections!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thunder_alley1984 said:
Hey racer if I ever decide on which Bobby Hamilton cars to let go you'll be the first on my list. I know how much those ment to you.
Thanks, I really appreciate the thought. I had almost every 1/64 scale car made for Bobby...I was within 10 or so of having one of each. It'd be hard to ever get back into collecting alot of the stuff I had to sell since I lost so much on them.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea we knew how much Bobby and his cars meant to you, and you did have a hell of a collection. thats why when he passed, i had drew that picture as an in memory tribute. i mailed it out to you shortly after. i know you were in the middle of moving and i never heard anything from you....did you recieve it? just wondering. i had forgot i sent it out until this subject was brought up.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Joker, I did receive it. I'm sorry if I forgot to thank you, I thought I had. But thank you for sending that too me. It was a cool picture to see on here and even cooler when I got it in the mail. I have it on the second shelf of the bookcase with the haulers...it's hard to see an image in the pics but it's the white piece of paper seen in the last pic.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PAUL BARTLE said:
very nice restart sure it will just be a matter of time before you have those back you really want
Thanks. Brandy's already telling me to pick any wall in the living room to hang the cars up for display if I'll start getting back all of my old stuff. She didn't realize how much collecting meant to me when we got back together and didn't really care about all I sold but now that she's heard the stories I had from alot of the cars I collected she regrets that I had to sell everything.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
racersimage said:
PAUL BARTLE said:
very nice restart sure it will just be a matter of time before you have those back you really want
Thanks. Brandy's already telling me to pick any wall in the living room to hang the cars up for display if I'll start getting back all of my old stuff. She didn't realize how much collecting meant to me when we got back together and didn't really care about all I sold but now that she's heard the stories I had from alot of the cars I collected she regrets that I had to sell everything.
a wall in the living room thats great wish i had another wall to display

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
racersimage said:
Yeah Joker, I did receive it. I'm sorry if I forgot to thank you, I thought I had. But thank you for sending that too me. It was a cool picture to see on here and even cooler when I got it in the mail. I have it on the second shelf of the bookcase with the haulers...it's hard to see an image in the pics but it's the white piece of paper seen in the last pic.
i see it now. its no problem though im just glad to know you got it and not lost in the mail

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
The IMHoF set is very sweet! I really like the transporter....you're on you're way back Pal. Keep pluggin' away!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Very nice. It can only get bigger & better as time goes on. I also have had to sell much of my collection a few years back cause of kids hospital bill, cause the family come first. Then start to get some of my collection back alittle at a time. Then last year with the flooding in my area I lost a bunch of my stuff. But I'm gettin it back slowly. So good luck & keep up the dream!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FFighter_21 said:
The IMHoF set is very sweet!  I really like the transporter....you're on you're way back Pal.  Keep pluggin' away!
It was very sweet.  However, what you see in my first post is all that I have now.  The links show what I had last year and the year before.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
racersimage said:
FFighter_21 said:
The IMHoF set is very sweet! I really like the transporter....you're on you're way back Pal. Keep pluggin' away!
It was very sweet. However, what you see in my first post is all that I have now. The links show what I had last year and the year before.
Been there Pal, and am again right now. Almost all of my good stuff is gone. But I'll be back. Keep your chin up. You have one thing goin' for ya. Your woman understands, so it will be a little easier to re-build.
It will take time, but you'll get em' back eventually. That's the fun really anyway, the collecting.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice restart Racer.

If you want to get some of the older Stewart WC items, I'll try a make a deal with you if you want. Get in touch with me, as you know I'm gettin' rid of most of mine. I'm just to busy or lazy to start listing it.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Same here Racer, I have a bunch of WC I'm unloading due t0 lack of space, and I know I have some older Tony stuff, including 1/24's, 1/64's and haulers. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts