Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Re: My entire sports card collection for sale!

Wow man, that's a lot of cards to sell, I wish you luck.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

wow, now thats alot of cards and was a nice collection you had. good luck man

·
www.youtube.com/user/sub4ra
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thankx fella's!

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Wow, I made the collector's spotlight!

Just a little f.y.i., I am now accepting an offer of $2,299.99 which is $700 off.

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well, another $200 has been knocked off. The buy it now is at $2,099.99.

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, here is an update for those of you who might be interested. I sold the lot to a person that I had been negotiating with back and forth since I put it on there. We agreed to $1,700 plus $100 towards shipping for a total of $1,800. We had to put $1,500 plus $300 on there to get the $1,800. So, after eBay/Paypal fees, and the shipping (I'm in California, he's in Texas so hopefully around $200), I think I can walk away with $1,500 which I will be happy with.

Before selling it, I received this message that I thought was pretty funny. It reads:

Dear cooler142,

i'M SORRY TO TELL YOU THIS , BUT MOST OF THE GU & SIG CARDS ARE 25.00 AND DOWN, MAYBE SOME 40. AND 60.00, CARDS NOT MANY, AND A LOT OFF THE CARDS ARE LOW END RC'S, WHEN IT DON'T SELL GIVE ME AN OFFER BEFORE YOU LIST IT AND i'LL LET YOU KNOW, WHAT THE TRUE SALES PRICE IS, tHANK YOU.

- beagleeye320

Is that not funny or what???

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Some people have a lot of nerve don't they? They will try anything to whittle it down so they can make a deal. He would prolly turn around and resell it. Thinking you don't know what you have. Glad you're happy w/what you got. That's all that matters. :yes:

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I think that is a fair price. I would have tried to buy them myself if I hadn't just purchased a couple large collections recently. It is amazing how "little" your stuff is worth to someone until they buy it and then it's magically worth a lot more when they go to re-sell it. I deal with low-ballers all the time. It is very frustrating.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I have found myself, when I make an offer for an item, depending on what it is, I usually offer about $10.00-$20.00 more than I think I wanna pay, just outta common courtesy. I want a good deal, but I also don't want to offend the seller. The price can always be further negotiated, but I want to be fair to the seller as well as myself.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Congrats on the sale. As long as you are happy with the price it's all good. I am sure it had to be hard on you parting with all of them, I can only imagine if you have the time like I do in my collection it would be like parting with one of the family.

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thankx fella's! To comment, yeah, the lowballers are frustrating, but I just try and laugh them off. However, this guy came across as I didn't know anything about cards and placed too high a value for them.

And yes, it is very hard to part with 20 years of my life. This isn't ALL of the cards I have collected, as I have bought, sold, and traded along the way. Not to mention all of my A's and Rams cards stay with me. I don't think it will actually hit me until I walk out of the UPS Store after shipping them, but just like everybody else right now, I needed the money more.

Up next will probably be the majority of my NASCAR diecast collection. I have quite a bit of 1/24 and 1/64 Dale Sr./Jr. Winners Circle, as well as Kahne 1/24 and 1/64. There are also a lot of Dale Sr./Jr. McFarlanes as well as some other drivers. I also have a bunch of Hot Wheels from the past few years, as well as some Dub City 1/24 1/64 trucks I am going to need to sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts