Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to @Plan B Sales for getting my 2014 Kyle Busch M&M's 1/64 here quickly. Unfortunately, Lionel seems to have not learned from their mistakes with the Ford and Chevy decal issues. Take a look for yourselves..

The driver's side alone has messed up b-pillar logos, a tear in the brown M&M's where Kyle's signature should be, the Interstate batteries logo falling off, and the flipped Holley EFI/3M logos. That's the good side guys..

See? This makes the driver side look perfect. Where do you even start with this side? You've got the entire decals halfway off the car. Notice how orange doesn't go to the side window, same with the M&M's. The Raybestos logo on the passenger side is behind the rear window. You can see the white and the top of the "r" just poking out. Again, messed up b-pillars, etc. And of course..

I'm sure someone will roll their eyes because it's just a 1/64. However, this is what I collect and the fact that I spent $7 and some change to receive this is a joke. I'm stuck with this garbage because they didn't think about the fact that following this same problem with Chevy and Ford releases that maybe, just maybe.. this would happen to the Toyota. So, yeah.. hope my fellow Rowdy fans get something better than this but I really doubt that.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
That sucks to hear. I'm going to be honest in saying I don't see half that stuff in the pictures, but I believe you it there. I honestly don't know the decal placement on Kyles car so to me many of those things look fine. The B pillars are bad which is obvious and the Interstate Batteries logo on the quarter panel I notice. Hopefully your next car turns out better.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
It's more than that. The entire "wrap" is off.
i notice that too mine wasnt that bad of wrap i had to double check mine just a bite ago and i can see the mouth on the orange m&m on mine

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Wow. That honestly blows!
On a side note, the black interior looks good with scheme

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
With all the issues of the 1/64th cars.... I cant say I feel bad for anyone who buys them then wants to complain. The issues continue and yet everyone keeps buying them and complaining. I'd want to see pics of the car I was buying before I chose to buy it at this point.

Reactions: sprint9988

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With all the issues of the 1/64th cars.... I cant say I feel bad for anyone who buys them then wants to complain. The issues continue and yet everyone keeps buying them and complaining. I'd want to see pics of the car I was buying before I chose to buy it at this point.
This is my first issuse. It hasn't been an issue with the Toyota cars either. So, please don't group everyone together.

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
i too am only a 1/64 collector. i posted a harvick that was horrendous a while back. i got a replacement . the seller agreed to check future cars before sending them and i still got a #78 wonderbread with the back end decals at an obvious angle. i stopped buying till just recently. i got the larson target car and it appears really good. not perfect because the driver name is placed over the red stripe above the door. i don't know of any dealers who have the time to send a pic of every car to every buyer before it is purchased. that is an unacceptable car and i hope you get it replaced. lionel still isn't listening.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Wow. That car is an atrocity!

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
The Nationwide cars seem to be fine. Guess three years in a row with Nationwide only.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Hobbies: Plants, TX Country music and NASCAR
1,932 Posts
Dude, that really sucks! I wonder how come some cars can turn out okay while others, like yours, are a piece of crap? This made me look at some of my cars i purchased recently. Only minor damage was on my Duck Dynasty car (half of the Mechanix Wear decal is missing).

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dude, that really sucks! I wonder how come some cars can turn out okay while others, like yours, are a piece of crap? This made me look at some of my cars i purchased recently. Only minor damage was on my Duck Dynasty car (half of the Mechanix Wear decal is missing).
No idea. I don't have anywhere around here that sells them to check before I buy, so I can't get another one that won't be another gamble. That just makes it worse. *shrug*

S*** happens I guess.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts