Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, I will be making my first trip to Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600. I was hoping some of you could give me some advice on what to see and what to do. I will only be there Saturday and Sunday so time will be limited. I will be coming in from Atlanta. Where should I eat? Where is the best place to shop for diecast? Are there any vendors at the track or is it only the NASCAR haulers? Any advice would help. Thanks!

·
Evil Henchman
4,621 Posts
I've been there like 20 times now and was just there last week.

Eating:
1. Lancaster BBQ (Mooresville)
2. Sticky Fingers BBQ (near track)
3. Quaker Steak & Lube (near track)

Shops worth seeing:
1. HMS (near track and has a museum)
2. RFR (near track and has a museum)
3. Ganassi
4. SHR
5. RCR (in Welcome- a bit of a drive, but worh it. Has a great museum)
6. JGR
7. Penske (great overhead viewing area)
8. MWR (great overhead viewing area)

Concord Mills Mall by the track is a really nice mall with lots of shops and places to eat.

There are diecast vendors just across the street from the track and there is Scott's Collectables just up the road in Kannapolis.

Have fun!

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
If your at RCR in Welcome stop at Scotts Collectibles across the street. A store in also located in Kannapolis which I believe was remodeled and moved.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Try to make time to see the Hall of Fame. I know people around here aren't too hot on it. But they're being cynical. If you're a fan, you need to experience it at least once. It's awe inspiring.

·
Banned
2,354 Posts
Try to make time to see the Hall of Fame. I know people around here aren't too hot on it. But they're being cynical. If you're a fan, you need to experience it at least once. It's awe inspiring.
I can back this up. It's really neat to see the vast history of NASCAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts