Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my newest custom. I see many times over that when we show off our new customs, we get questions like, "How did you do it?" and "Do i need any special tools?". I figured some of you out there might want to make one of these for yourself. So I figured I would do a step-by-step posting on how to make a custom.

Ok so here we go....

Step One:
First off you need to get a donor car. This all depends on you. I will be using a Juan Peeblo Montoya 1:64.

Step Two:
Tools of the trade. Some people may use different tools for different jobs. Some use brushes, spray paints, decals, ect., well for this job i am goin to go simple for the first timers. I have decided to use nothing more than a 5 LB maul.

Step Three:
Set up your work area. Make sure your car is free of any debris and make sure your work area is clean and have plenty of room to work. Once you line up your car, you are free to do all the custom work that you so desire to your car. Remember that the quality of work depends on how much you put into it.

Step Four:
Once you are completed with your custom, make sure to look over anything that might have been missed and get a good look at the finished product.

Step Five:
Now your car is ready for displaying. Some like to put their new customs in a display case or put up on a shelf. For this particular custom car, I believe the best place to display it is under the front tires of my Tony Stewart Monster Truck.

I hope you have enjoyed this in depth look at custom making and if you have any questions on how to make one for yourself, either follow my directions or contact me---JoKeR

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Nice, you see people at Charlotte selling those, they got the Jr Monster trucks with Gordon or Carl Edwards cars under it and all that.

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
hey Joker, you could put the montoya car on the bay and call it a raced/wrecked version.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Make sure you sanitize your maul now that you have dirtied it with the Peeblo car!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is one of the best custom pieces I have seen in a long time. Beats the hell out of mine. Could you make me one for my desk joker. All I want is the car you can keep the monster truck.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron3fan said:
hey Joker, you could put the montoya car on the bay and call it a raced/wrecked version.
id like to but I might be call out as it being a fake custom raced since unfortunately his car has never looked like that.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DP36 said:
That is one of the best custom pieces I have seen in a long time. Beats the hell out of mine. Could you make me one for my desk joker. All I want is the car you can keep the monster truck.
I looked today to see if i could find another one, but no luck. But like i said its a fairly easy custom to do. If you need any assistance contact me and I can even let you know how high you need to hold the maul before dropping. I will be working on a 1:24 scale but i might need to track down a bigger maul or maybe just a nice size vise or maybe even if i can find a road crew and get them to use the steam roller on it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
$4.99 price of a WC Montoya 1/64th
$0.00 cost of materials and decals for peeblo custom.
Coming home from the hospital and seeing a very cool topic and custom and being able to smile even in the pain I'm in. :eek: :eek: Completely priceless! ;D Some folks just know how to make a fellow collector laugh!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured you would like it.......kinda does have a speachless point though.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Will Racer be smashing the other two or whatever? I know you all wanted him to smash those too, you could sell the 3 of em on ebay in a lot, saying each represents a race Montoya wrecked in, you could get alot.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trev I would really like to see a real raced version of the montoya car, but im afraid not even the Hans device and roll cage of life would help him out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts