Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All races will be broadcasts at 3 p.m. ET on SPEED unless otherwise noted. Three races will be shown live.

2012 NASCAR TOURING SERIES SCHEDULE ON SPEED

Series Event Date Air Date Track
K&N Pro Series West Sat., March 3 Thu., April 12 Phoenix International Raceway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., March 17 Thu., April 19 Bristol Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Thu., April 26 Thu., April 26 (live) Richmond International Raceway
Whelen All-American Series Thu., April 26 Thu., April 26 (live) Richmond International Raceway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., March 31 Thu., May 3 Greenville Pickens Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., April 14 Thu., May 10 Havasu 95 Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., May 5 Thu., May 17 Stockton 99 Speedway
K&N Pro Series Combo Sat., May 19 Thu., May 31 Iowa Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., June 2 Thu., June 7 Bowman Gray Stadium
K&N Pro Series West Sat., June 2 Thu., June 14 The Bullring at Las Vegas
K&N Pro Series East Sat., June 9 Thu., June 21 Gresham Motorsports Park
K&N Pro Series East Sat., June 23 Thu., June 28 Langley Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., June 23 Thu., July 12 Infineon Raceway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., July 14 Thu., July 19 CNB Bank Raceway Park
K&N Pro Series West Sat., July 14 Thu., July 26 Evergreen Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., July 21 Thu., Aug. 2 Columbus Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., July 28 Thu., Aug. 9 Colorado National Speedway
K&N Pro Series Combo Fri., Aug. 3 Thu., Aug. 16 Iowa Speedway
Whelen Modified Tours Combo Wed., Aug. 22 Wed. Aug. 22 (live) Bristol Motor Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sun., Aug. 26 Thu., Sept. 6 Portland International Raceway
K&N Pro Series East Mon., Sept. 3 Thu., Sept. 13 Greenville Pickens Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., Sept. 22 Thu., Sept. 27 New Hampshire Motor Spdwy.
K&N Pro Series East Fri., Sept. 28 Thu. Oct. 4 Dover International Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., Sept. 29 Thu., Oct. 11 NAPA Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., Oct. 13 Thu., Oct. 18 All American Speedway
K&N Pro Series East Sat., Nov. 3 Thu., Nov. 8 Rockingham Speedway
K&N Pro Series West Sat., Nov. 10 Sat., Nov. 10 (live) Phoenix International Raceway

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
This is better than nothing but I still hope for the day where we have like a Nascar tv channel and they show all of the regional race live or tape delay from flag to flag. I feel that if the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB can support their own channel so can Nascar.

I also feel that if Nascar did a better job giving the lower series more tv exposure you may see more sponsor commitment to the lower series and their drivers. I believe it would also help with driver development in that maybe more of these good you drivers would move up. It is a shame to see drivers never get past these regional series because no one wants to take a chance on a guy like a Matt DiBenedetto or Brett Moffitt. JGR and MWR both run cars in the series but neither seem to be able/willing to fully commit to a young driver.

I think this turned into a bit of a rambling mess. Sorry. Glad we get to watch four live race this year.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
cool, now i get to see more short tracks.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Great, so now they go from a time of day when only people who live on the east coast are home to a time when nobody is home.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I know I saw a few Modified races on VS last year. But now that it's NBC Sports... who knows?

That's the racing I grew up on. Spent many a night at Freeport and Islip in New York watching the modifieds when I was growing up. Living on the Gulf Coast now, we don't get to see it much.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Glad to hear. I went to the race last year and they put on a good show. Fantastic track. I really enjoyed it.
yea i was there too last year and i enjoy it i was sitting right under the spotters stand and look up and seen bill eliott standing up there

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
yea i was there too last year and i enjoy it i was sitting right under the spotters stand and look up and seen bill eliott standing up there
That's cool. I was wandering around the infield before the race and saw Robert Pressley talking with his boy. I was actually live updating the race from a suite during the race that night. Gotta love any track with wifi.

If Brett Moffitt hadn't cut a tire in the first few laps, he would have stunk up the show. To go two laps down and come back to nearly win in a 175-lap race is incredible. I went back to the infield after the race and Max Gresham and Matt DiBenedetto were not happy at each other, that's for sure.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
That's cool. I was wandering around the infield before the race and saw Robert Pressley talking with his boy. I was actually live updating the race from a suite during the race that night. Gotta love any track with wifi.

If Brett Moffitt hadn't cut a tire in the first few laps, he would have stunk up the show. To go two laps down and come back to nearly win in a 175-lap race is incredible. I went back to the infield after the race and Max Gresham and Matt DiBenedetto were not happy at each other, that's for sure.
yea thats one of best racing i seen that night but u should come back down for the hampton heat 200 the best short tracks drivers in va does that race

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea thats one of best racing i seen that night but u should come back down for the hampton heat 200 the best short tracks drivers in va does that race
Too far for me to travel. Last year was kind of a once-in-a-long time thing. I drove down to see a friend and hit the race on the way back home.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I'll be at 5 West races this year, went to one already, four more to go
Phoenix in March
Stockton 99 Speedway in May
Sonoma in June
All American Speedway in October
Phoenix in November

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
I hope to go to the Evergreen and/or Portland races. It would be my first NASCAR sanctioned event of any kind. How much are tickets usually?

·
Registered
672 Posts
The tickets for most K&N races are pretty cheap 20.00 for GA,unless tracks have a combo event Nationwide race.At most tracks after the race the pit area is open to fans,even without a pass.The Richmond race should be a good show our race is on Thursday with the Denny Hamlin Late model race.
A good time slot for the races would be after Wind Tunnel or on Monday nights when they had the NASCAR show on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts