Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this game for years. When i first got it, i popped it in and went to Daytona. I go to the first turn and my car drove directly into the wall. I picked it back up today, using the my computer controller and my call still drove directly into the wall in turn one. Ive tried playing with the settings, but cant get it to work like i see on youtube. I just want to draft and drive like i see on there lol. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
Do you use a wheel and pedals? If so, it's just a matter of practicing. It's tough, because the car naturally pulls to the right, so you gotta get used to steering against that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you use a wheel and pedals? If so, it's just a matter of practicing. It's tough, because the car naturally pulls to the right, so you gotta get used to steering against that.
No i just use a controller. in most games you can run wide open at Daytona, is that not the case with this game?

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
You can, but it's more of a simulation than most of the other games out there, i.e. the EA games. It's going to be extremely difficult to play with a standard controller. With a controller, your left and right control are basically 'on/off' meaning you hit the left button and it turns the wheel all the way to the left. With a steering wheel, you can turn varying degrees to the left and right, so you have much better control.

I hope that makes sense....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts