Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Ordinarily I鈥檇 say fine someone for doing that, but since the inept officials cost the man his day, I don鈥檛 really blame him. Helen Keller could鈥檝e spotted that rain before the clowns in the tower reacted. They should fine themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Martin CraZy
It's hard to say what was discussed with Kyle in person, but it doesn't paint a very good picture for the integrity of NASCAR by not acknowledging that he stepped over the line. What WAS on the penalty report this week were two loose lugnuts for a total of $20K in fines. I'd bet those were unintentional infractions, but it really doesn't matter. Kyle's actions were not unintentional. Loose lug nut = $10K. Trying to pit maneuver the pace car multiple times = nothing He's a world class driver but wasn't smart enough to enter the corner at a speed that would've prevented his wreck... yet he claims everyone knew it was raining. Which is it? If you knew it was raining, what were you doing? If a pit official calls a driver back in for a possible loose lug nut... but they are all tight and the driver loses a lap or two... does the driver now have the right to drive over the official? I don't see the difference. Honestly, I don't have a dog in this fight so I really couldn't care less about points, fines, or standings. I just think it's a bad message to let intentional temper tantrums that affect the sport's safety and image to be outwardly viewed as a non-issue. It embarassing to try and explain it to "non fans." It's not explainable.

Registered
I'm not a Kyle fan by any means (though I still get his diecast), I feel he didn't do anything wrong. Plenty of other drivers have bumped the Pace Car and since officials F***ed not throwing a caution earlier, Kyle's frustration was warranted.

Reactions: T-Bone
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.