Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
488 Posts
NASCAR Unites: An American Salute program. For the first time ever, the NASCAR community is coming together for an all-encompassing salute to America. The program will run from the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway through the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. Many drivers will sport special red, white and blue paint schemes and/or carry special competition elements.
The scheme schedule is shown below:
#47-Bobby Labonte, #48-Jimmie Johnson, #55-Mark Martin, #56-Martin Truex Jr. and #99-Carl Edwards at Charlotte in May;
#2-Brad Keselowski (no image), #29-Kevin Harvick (no image) and #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Charlotte in May and Daytona in July;
#16-Greg Biffle at Michigan in June. #88-Cole Whitt, will run in the Kentucky race in June and #7-Danica Patrick will run in the Nationwide race at the Daytona race in July.

Program Car

AND

Greg Biffle

Martin Truex Jr.

OR (2 different variations released)

Mark Martin

Bobby Labonte

Jimmie Johnson

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Carl Edwards

Brad Keselowski

Juan Pablo Montoya

Kevin Harvick

Matt Kenseth

Danica Patrick (Notice the Support Our Troops tires, ran at Daytona July 2010 and Chicagoland)

Cole Whitt

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
These are some great schemes, I like the Edwards and JJ

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
My favorites from the ones pictured above are the Mark Martin and Danica Patrick. The Mark Martin scheme reminds me of the 2010 David Reutimann Armed Forces Foundation scheme, which I loved. Of course I will be buying the Keselowski no matter what it looks like, and I just might get that Danica as well :)

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I believe we've seen a sneak peak of Brad K's scheme. All of those are nice, even the program car (ugh, fantasy car) which they should run as a pace car somewhere. The one's I like the least are JJ's and Bobby Labonte's. I really like Martin's and Danica's (I actually have the Reutimann car) and I will absolutely but at least 2 of those (Jr. and Danica) plus the Brad K, and my pick up 1 or 2 more.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
I want the Truex car it looks great, the Martin one looks good to. Lowes get a big Fail imo on JJ's, thats the worst looking one to me.

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
I'll get most of these in 1/64, because The Red White and Blue Paint schemes touch my heart, as I've had family members serve in WW2 (My Grandfather) and Vietnam (My Uncle).

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
I like all the schemes, but this is FAR from the first time something like this has been done. However, if they are going to run these at every race between May and July, THAT would be unique!

·
#Champ18n
10,102 Posts
The Danica, Colw Whitt and Edwards all look really cool!
Cant wait for the Coke 600 to Coke Zero 400 races!

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Those are really nice paint schemes. I like the Danica and program car among these.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
I like all the schemes, but this is FAR from the first time something like this has been done. However, if they are going to run these at every race between May and July, THAT would be unique!
Correct, its happened at least 4 times before that I can recall. 1991, 2000, 2007 and 2010.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Danica Patrick (Notice the Support Our Troops tires, last ran at Daytona July 2010).
sidenote..actually they were used at Chicagoland in September as well during the cup race weekend...worked McMurray's pit that weekend...rain and all. This was my 'hiding' spot on Sunday...

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Boom Daytona just got better I like them all

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Correct, its happened at least 4 times before that I can recall. 1991, 2000, 2007 and 2010.
I would consider all the 2011 9/11 schemes in the same category. Also there was the 2008 Salute the Troops program but that was mostly just adding the logo in most cases.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Ahh I might have to get most of these in 1/64 and the Brad and maybe another in 1/24

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
They all look awesome, I especially love the Jr., JJ, Mark, Truex, and Danica!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts