Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Florida

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted Florida (yes i know surprising) because the SEC needs some R-E-S-P-E-C-T !!!!!

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
09/02 Vandy at #14 Michigan L 27-7
11/04 Vandy home vs. #7 Florida L 25-19

here is your only head to head common opponent.

Edge< UM, we will know for sure Sunday at 8pm and either way someone is going to be pissed.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Florida-- Michigan had their chance.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
well, if you consider OSU playing at home on a crappy field and the last team with the ball wins as their chance I can agree to that. BUT no other team has shown ANYTHING so far as I am concerned. I am biased no doubt. But UM barely lost their only game to the probable national champions. It is out of my hands no doubt. I cannot be upset either way. OSU rematch or Rosebowl, the big ten still likely ends up first and second in the nation when it is over. More likely if they do not rematch.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Actually, if I remember correctly, Ohio State was up by 10 and Michigan scored the last TD. The game was pretty much decided by then, so I don't think Michigan deserves another shot. Besides that, I can't stand Michigan!!

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
Florida. I'm biased as well, but look at the schedules side by side. You tell me who had to play harder throughout the year and who has earned the chance. It's Florida. 10 of the 13 teams we've played this year are bowl eligible. Michigan had their chance and while it was a great game, they lost. Why give them a second chance? Who did Michigan beat this year besides an overrated Notre Dame team? Florida may have won a bunch of ugly games, but look at the defenses they lined up against. A win is a win, baby, and once again, Michigan lost their chance. GO GATORS!

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Michigan, everyone wants to see a OSU-Michigan rematch after the first game. I agree with you Believe on Notre Dame. How the hell are they getting a BCS bid when they don't play anybody! The 2 ranked teams they played they got their asses handed to them (Michigan and USC). Michigan State had that game won to until they blew it in the 4th quarter. ND has the lamest schedule out there and they only got a BCS bid because of who they are. Gimme a break. You beat Army, Navy, Purdue, Michigan State, Stanford, North Carolina, UCLA, Airforce. And then you barely beat Georgia Tech in the first game of the year. Sure they beat #19 Penn State but that was the 2nd game of the year and based on last year Penn State was high up in the rankings. If Notre Dame gets a BCS bid based on who they are then I'd say after the first game of OSU-Michigan, that will produce the best game. Apparantley schedule difficulty doesn't mean shit when it comes to the BCS if a weak ass ND schedule can get a BCS game I don't see why Michigan wouldn't get a shot at the Title game.

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
frikin OU should be playing them if the idiot refs didn't cheat us out of that win against Oregon. we would be 12-1 right now. :angry:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Boise State is undefeated but since they are not in a BCS Conference they don't get to play them. That's why this whole BCS system is messed up. I don't care what conference you are in, it's hard to run the table and Boise has done it multiple times but because of their schedule they don't get a good bowl game.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
Ruling the WAC doesn't stack up with the SEC or the Big Ten. Boise State played Georgia last year and got the hell beat out of them. More stats from Gator Nation:

Florida played 5 of the current Top 25 teams in terms of scoring defense and went 4-1. Michigan played 3 and went 2-1. Florida played 10 bowl eligible teams, going 9-1. Michigan played 7 bowl eligible teams, going 6-1.

But, my two biggest points are these:

#1-Michigan already proved they couldn't beat Ohio State.
#2-Michigan didn't even win their own conference.

Florida did not win pretty throughout the year. The new, 'trendy' word of the year is "Style Points". Bullcrap. You win the games you're presented with and most of the games that Florida won ugly were against top defenses. Bring on the Bucks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Boise State is undefeated but since they are not in a BCS Conference they don't get to play them. That's why this whole BCS system is messed up. I don't care what conference you are in, it's hard to run the table and Boise has done it multiple times but because of their schedule they don't get a good bowl game.
Somewhat I would agree with you on that, but Bosie State plays so crappy they don't deserve to be in title game, every time I watch their score on the bottom line the play like crap for the first 1 1/2 qurters and all of the sudden they pound the team the rest of the game, but playing such teams as Nevada and Fresno State, I highly doubt they would be a match for Ohio State.

·
Registered
724 Posts
BTW, I give Florida the nod in this battle for 3 reasons

1) Michigan had their chance. A REmatch, would probably have the same REsult.

2) I don't beleive in two teams from the same conference playing each other, that would be like saying you anted to see the Red Soxs and the Yankees in the World Series.

3) Overall Florida had the tougher schedule, while Michigan was pas pecking the eyes out of Indiana and Minnesota and Michigan State. Florida was playing Tennesee and LSU and Florida State, not to mention they had to play one extra game with the conf. championship. Sadly the Big 10 is one team short for that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with everything that Believe said about the matter. I want Florida. Ohio State has never played them in our history. Michigan had their chance and they should not get another chance since they finished second in the Big 10. Florida won the SEC and played the toughest schedule in the country. They should get their chance. Either way, bring them both on.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ron3fan said:
frikin OU should be playing them if the idiot refs didn't cheat us out of that win against Oregon. we would be 12-1 right now. :angry:
Now now Ron, didn't you say a while back that idiot refs don't screw real champs out of rightful victories?

:rofl:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Michigan, everyone wants to see a OSU-Michigan rematch after the first game. I agree with you Believe on Notre Dame. How the hell are they getting a BCS bid when they don't play anybody! The 2 ranked teams they played they got their asses handed to them (Michigan and USC). Michigan State had that game won to until they blew it in the 4th quarter. ND has the lamest schedule out there and they only got a BCS bid because of who they are. Gimme a break. You beat Army, Navy, Purdue, Michigan State, Stanford, North Carolina, UCLA, Airforce. And then you barely beat Georgia Tech in the first game of the year. Sure they beat #19 Penn State but that was the 2nd game of the year and based on last year Penn State was high up in the rankings. If Notre Dame gets a BCS bid based on who they are then I'd say after the first game of OSU-Michigan, that will produce the best game. Apparantley schedule difficulty doesn't mean shit when it comes to the BCS if a weak ass ND schedule can get a BCS game I don't see why Michigan wouldn't get a shot at the Title game.
You must have watched a different game than I did.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
It's kind of funny seeing all this about "Michigan had their chance." Michigan by force of a strong conference, and yeah a top heavy conference, lost its conference championship to the team ranked number one all season. This is not every other year, this season is VERY unusuall to have both teams so powerful. Yeah Michigan lost, they lost to their biggest rival on the last game of thier regular season in a shootout. Florida had their chance too and lost to AUBURN who did not even make the SEC title game. We lost to number one poll to poll. Not the same here. Both teams are one loss, so based on your strength of schedule theories, OSU is severly overrated as well. UM lost by three on the road while Florida lost by ten to then #11 Auburn.

There is no solution other than a pure playoff system implementing the bowls as they stand and that will never happen. Granted all the lower divisions of college football have it and it works just fine. The theory is that under the current system half the top teams end their season with a win and it helps recruiting. Take Nd for example. They got POUNDED by two great teams and should have lost to MSU if not for a total collapse in the second half. Yeah, MSU had them by the throat 31-14 at half if I remember correctly. Anyways, under a playoff system they could still rotate the title game location and spread the bowls out a bit. Are you telling me the fans would not get into the sugar bowl- OSU vs. USC and the orange bowl UM vs. Florida? then following those, the Rose Bowl, USC vs. Florida in the consolation bowl with UM vs OSU for the title? It might be difficult to weed out the clear top two, but if it comes down to top four, you are always going to have that. Year in and year out it seems like a third team gets left in the cold.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
kspool said:
JJ48Fan said:
You must have watched a different game than I did.
Michigan State blew it to Notre Dame you musta been watchin somethin else. Is that clearly now that I bolded it for you?

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- Trailing by 17 points at halftime, Notre Dame faced a sobering reality: A season that began with so much promise was about to be derailed by a second straight defeat.

Coming off a blowout loss to Michigan, the Irish looked beaten again -- still down 16 going into the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Michigan State looked unstoppable in front of a fired-up crowd.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Remember a few years ago when Auburn was undefeated but left out of the Championship Game. This year with only one undefeated teams it means multiple one loss teams are going to be left out as well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts