Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe no one has posted this yet--

Navy F-18 crashes in Va. Beach | WAVY.com | Virginia Beach, Va.

That's not too far from where I used to live. The pilots have ejected safely. So far no casualties reported on the ground, but 4 buildings in the apartment complex have been damaged or destroyed. The major highway to the beach is shut down. This is horrible....

·
I've got no strings on me
1,360 Posts
Hope everybody is okay. Scary situation.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
holy crap thats wild

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Its gonna take a long time to get home tonight. I have a buddy at the squadron and he said they all got called in and its gonna be a long weekend for them.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I never like things like this, hope evreyone survives.

·
Back from the Dead
2,211 Posts
Do they know what happened?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eyewitness say the wing fell off. Sounds like the jet crashes right after take off.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As of this morning, they are reporting NO fatalities and everyone accounted for. They are saying they can't confirm no one was killed, but they are optimistic. Totally amazing!

·
CraZy Senior
6,527 Posts
I can't believe no one has posted this yet--

Navy F-18 crashes in Va. Beach | WAVY.com | Virginia Beach, Va.

That's not too far from where I used to live. The pilots have ejected safely. So far no casualties reported on the ground, but 4 buildings in the apartment complex have been damaged or destroyed. The major highway to the beach is shut down. This is horrible....
Glad to hear you weren't in the crash radius Spool...

Did everyone make it out of the crash area?

·
Hoff
1,190 Posts
Flat out amazing that a jet can hit 3 different apartment complex buildings, and not a single person died in the entire incident. Nothing like an Easter weekend miracle, I guess...

·
Registered
903 Posts
No fatalities is amazing. I am sure there are a few people who are happy they were not home at the time. Good Lord was watching out once again.........

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts