Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to decided what to do. I got a call about a bus trip to Martinsville which is a pretty good deal and found out that JJ is going to do a Q&A before the race that I could go to, The same company also has one going to Bristol and again JJ is doing a Q&A I could go to. I already reserved a spot on a bus to go to Opening Day at Wrigley which is more than both combined. Ive never been to Bristol and have always wanted, I love the Cubs but have been to Opening day before and Its normally cold and raining/snowing. My hometown is close to Wrigley and I could see some family/friends. My coworkers are no help, they all think Nascar is ******* and dumb and baseball is boring so Id like your opinion to try to decide.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,198 Posts
Personally I would go to Bristol. My Boss goes every year and enjoys it. He said it's like watching a race in a football stadium. I plan on going either this year or next year. He also said the night race is the best.

·
Black #3 Fan
2,881 Posts
I have been to Bristol before and after the repaving. I like the old Bristol much better. I am lining things up to go to martinsville this fall and I am looking forward to it. Eitherway I do not think you will go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I know its not what it used to be but its still has interesting racing @Dale3DaleJr88 I think thats why I like it, It looks like your right on top of the track.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
Did I understand right? If you choose NASCAR, you could go to Martinsville and Bristol? Or would you have to pick one? I'd go with NASCAR over baseball for sure. If you have to choose just one race, I'd go with Bristol.

·
Crazy... you betcha!!!
13,993 Posts
I'd cancel the Wrigley trip and do both Bristol and Martinsville.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input I think Ill call today and change my plans to go to the races, Im only on the east coast for one more year and I cant pass up seeing Bristol.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Im trying to decided what to do. I got a call about a bus trip to Martinsville which is a pretty good deal and found out that JJ is going to do a Q&A before the race that I could go to, The same company also has one going to Bristol and again JJ is doing a Q&A I could go to. I already reserved a spot on a bus to go to Opening Day at Wrigley which is more than both combined. Ive never been to Bristol and have always wanted, I love the Cubs but have been to Opening day before and Its normally cold and raining/snowing. My hometown is close to Wrigley and I could see some family/friends. My coworkers are no help, they all think Nascar is ******* and dumb and baseball is boring so Id like your opinion to try to decide.
As a Cubs fan myself I would go to Wrigley over alot of other stuff. But it's Bristol & Martinsville. Need I say more?

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
You're asking Nascar fans to pick between Racing or Baseball? LOL

But you have been to opening day at Wringley and you've never been to Bristol and with that it's cheaper and you get to meet a driver.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Why go to Wrigley? The Cubs haven't won anything in like what, a million years?

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Seeing family sweetens the deal. However, I would try to go to Bristol over Wrigley if you think you could find some time later on to go visit family.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
You're not very nice! And its only been 103 yrs.
That's not what you said when I sent you a JJ car. And for the record, I don't like your driver, your football team, or your baseball team, but I still think you're an okay guy.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
BRISTOL! and take me with you :)

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's not what you said when I sent you a JJ car. And for the record, I don't like your driver, your football team, or your baseball team, but I still think you're an okay guy.
LOL! Thanks and your ok too. and I appreciate the car. I despise your football team to.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Bristol used to be my favorite track, and while I still think you should experience a race there, I'd almost be inclined to go to Martinsville. Either way, I'd definitely go to either track over the baseball game. Just my .02

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I am apparently in the minority...I like the new Bristol better....the graduated banking has really opened up some 'racing'..cars can actually pass high or low and there are still plenty of wrecks. Me personally I like sitting lower at Bristol to FEEL the cars go by, it's like no other facility. Martinsville is simply an experience. It's good racing unlike the cookies of 1.5 mile repetitiveness...the facility is intimate and you have to have a couple martinsville dogs 'all out' to really take it all in. Granted they are nothing special except it's part of the mystique of the paperclip...you can't go wrong with either facility and I think you've expressed your points on opening day with the cubs...screw your friends and their opinion about ********!! the smell of fuel and tires is second to none..friend of mine at work used to call it NASCRAP..after one race at MIS of all places...it's hook, line, and sinker Kyle Busch fandom and taking in every race on TV and fantasy racing to boot...

** the Q and A could be a major letdown...you just sit in a tent and the driver talks...usually they don't reserve a lot of time for autographs etc...but if you've never seen him in person it's still kinda cool...have fun with your choice and outcome!!

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Love the cubs but to see bristol is something baseball can wait till June nascar is my passion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts