Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Always Building
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a conversion I just finished using a donor car from a manufacturer I've never heard of - Spin Master LTD, out of Canada. I found it at a Toys R Us. (Never seen a Lionel diecast at a T-R-U). It's aboult the same size as a Lionel, since the Patto's decals fit well, except for the rear spoiler, which is significantly larger. Not an issue when you're painting the rear spoiler, but on this car I had to use two sets of spoiler decals to get full coverage. I like this diecast for two reasons - first, the front splitter is part of the base, not the body, which makes painting and decalling much easier. Second, it's not a generic body. I bought two, a Lagono Toyota, and a Johnson Chevy, and the noses of the diecast acurately reflect the differences in the actual cars.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Great looking custom!
Yea, Spin Master is for mass retail.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I appreciate you sharing that with us. I've never heard of them and I'm going to have to check them out now. Unless you did some interior painting it looks like it's more detailed on the inside as well. Thanks!

·
Jeff Gordon Fan 24
114 Posts
I'm liking that Spinmasters is putting NASCAR diecasts back in stores, maybe Lionel will as well :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
You did a great job with that one! The only thing I don't like about the Spin-Master cars are the huge spoilers like this is Lightning McQueen or something!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts