Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this email this morning. I do not like nor participate in chain letters and such. But this one hit me as needed to be passed on to as many people as I could possibly get to read. If this is true I incourage each and everyone to pass it on to as many people as possible.

Update! I got this after sending out the emails. Intresting reading on the facts of this coin. I will still boycott the coin anyway!!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:11:37 -0400> From: [email protected]> Subject: >The new dollar> > I'm not sure who originated this message but I thought it >needed to be passed on and I hope you all feel the same. If this is >true...I don't know what to say. How can anyone ever make a decision like >this?> > Nell> > > > > The new dollar> > > You guessed it.........> 'IN GOD >WE TRUST' IS GONE!!!> > > Today I picked up at Bank of America several of >the new $1.00 coins with the picture of George Washington on it. To my >shock and dismay the words, "In God We Trust", are not on this coin!> > A >quick search of the other coin denominations in my collection confirmed >that every one contained these faithful words. The new George Washington >$1.00 coin is the first money ever issued b y the USA in modern history >without the words "In God We Trust".> > By omitting these words, our >politically correct, secularist leaders made a conscientious decision that >either;> 1) God does not exist, or> 2) that God exists, but can no longer >be trusted.> > Who originally put 'In God We Trust' onto our currency?> > >My bet is that it was one of the Presidents on these coins.> > All our U.S. >Government has done is Dishonor them, and disgust me!!> > I am personally >offended and fed up with the denigration of God and Christianity in my >country. I am certain George Washington would never have agr eed to his >picture on the coin if it any way diminished faith in God.> > What can we >do to show our displeasure? First of all, let's boycott the coin. Do not >ask for it at banks. If it is given to you in change ask for dollar bills >instead and tell the person why. Write your Senators stating your >displeasure.> > Finally, if you agree, pass this e-mail on to others. >Collectively, we must send a strong message to those secularists who are >trying to remove God from our culture. If we do this, some 300 million >$1.00 coins will back up and rot in the supply chain! To God be the glory!> > > Together we can force them out of circulation.> > Please send to all on >you mail list !!!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
I saw an actually news article on this awhile back. I wish I could remember the specifics from it now. There was a reason why "In God We Trust" was left off and I believe if you look really closely you can see other things missing too. For some reason I want to say it was going to be fixed though and added back on? Maybe that isn't until the next release.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reread the added update. I got sent that after I posted and revised the post to have that article included.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Lets not get a debate going on about this. It will never end. Honestly i'm suprised there aren't two versions of all money now. Ones that don't say in god we trust and ones we do. I mean come on it would be a great way to waste more tax money right? Not to mention it would make everyone happy minus the ones who bitch about every little thing. I think if there is a seperation from church and state then maybe they need to seperate schools from states too. MO has killed it's public school system when both St. Louis City schools and Kansas City Schools both lose the accredidation from the state what does that show? The gov't can care less about us. Hell seems like we all agree on that one. We get screwed by the gov't more then anything.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Well in my opinion it needs to be left on there, simple as that. But this is the United States of the Offended so if it isn't this people are bitching about it will be something else.

·
Registered
724 Posts
taterracing said:
The 'In God We Trust' was left off because of a mistake, nothing more.
What he said, when they came out with the new coin the moved the phrases "In God We Trust" and "E Pluribus Unum" to edge of the coin and some came out accdeiently without those phrases.

·
Registered
335 Posts
it was a mistake on many, making them quite valuble. otherwise, you'll find the phrase on the edge of the coin instead of the back or face side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts