Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

I hit a local Target this morning before work and landed the new 2007 1/64 Winner's Circle Pit Pass cars. There is only one new paint scheme in the bunch, which is the Jeff Gordon Nicorette. The rest of them have been released with the Schedule Hoods or Medallions. I will take a picture of these cars tonight and post them here.

(POP #64546) Jeff Gordon - Pit Pass Series - Nicorette
(POP #47940) Jeff Gordon - Pit Pass Series - Dupont
(POP #64561) Jimmie Johnson - Pit Pass Series - Lowe's
(POP #47946) Tony Stewart - Pit Pass Series - Home Depot
(POP #47942) Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Pit Pass Series - DEI
(POP #47944) Kasey Kahne - Pit Pass Series - Dodge Dealers

·
Registered
498 Posts
Note to WC:
MAKE MORE DRIVERS AND PAINT SCHEMES, YOU ASSHATS!! :mad:
Dont need the same cars released three times with a different piece of crap in the package!
Cant believe ANYBODY is glad to see these things come out.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
At least it's a new trinket and it's one that doesn't look that bad...I'm excited to see this personally.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i agree with 40 on this one. if you're going to make the same driver over and over at least do different paint schemes. i know they finally put out a different paint scheme for gordon, but did they really need to re-re-release gordons regular paint scheme too?

compared to past years, at the rate they are putting these out they will have all the release out on the shelves by the end of next month.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
i personally think the only reason they are "reissuing" the pit pass things as opposed to hoods is they probably had over a million left over from the last time they made those passes a few years back, so instead of scraping them and taking the loss ma said the hell with it, we will put a new picture on em and package them with the new cars. as for drivers what can you say? their sources probably tell them that gordon, johnson and stewart are 3 of the most popular drivers (now by popular i mean most talked about as opposed to just liking them). well thats my 2 cents for thought

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Totally agree. I was happy to see a new paint scheme, just because I am tired of buying the same car over and over just because it is packed with a new trinket.
I'll be damned if the have not flipped the switch on us, now instead of the same car with different trinkets, they are releaseing same trinket different cars! :doh:

It would be more funny if I didn't fall in line, shell out my money and take it without even expecting a kiss.

Where is the creativity gone at WC? Why can't they just return to the old days and put a trading card in each package. At least that way each car had it's own identity.

Right now, there is NO individuality for the items. Every package is just like another package in one way or the other. Either the paint scheme is the same or the trinket is the same. Certainly they can do better than this.

On the positive side, it does save me display space. I refuse to put this crap out where anyone can see it. As soon as I get it home it goes in a box. I am already leary of having my collectors room look like a walmart (******* heaven), the only thing worse would be a walmart with no originality! :rofl:

·
Registered
589 Posts
How about WC makes only one trinket (hood) or none at all?! Put them in pit stop series packaging and sell them in blocks that dont need to be hung up. It would make them cost less too I would say. You could re release cars i the 2nd half of the year incase you didn't get it the first half. That would be awesome!!:)

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Roush16Racing said:
Will this batch also include Blaney, Hamlin, Sadler, Biffle, and Martin? Or will they be out in the near future?
when he called me this morning he was opening the case. he said that that was all that was in the case. more than likely this wave will be like the last one and split into 2 different cases and released later and probably going to 2 different stores, lol

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I gotta get me a Jr. one!!! Too bad it is not a different car!!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Got it today. I was disappointed since it had the same pit pass as the regular scheme. I was hoping for something new. :rollseyes:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
BLACKER said:
Got it today. I was disappointed since it had the same pit pass as the regular scheme. I was hoping for something new. :rollseyes:
You should have known better.
You know what's sad? I almost miss the days when we used to bitch about not being able to find this junk.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
probably so.

That is the upside, so far. As soon as I hear about the new release I find it. Of course that could be a product of simply repacking the same items over and over.

There is no need to wait for production when you are not producing anything new.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
BLACKER said:
im heading out your way wednesday to go to my doctors for a check up, where did you find them at?

i hit the wally over in denham and walker and the target on millerville just early last week and hadnt found anything new.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I found the new pit passes yesterday at the Target on Seigan. The Walmart in Central today still only has the Hoods and Coins.

G

·
found the pass series at a couple targets today and picked up the nicorette. i see the screw ups continue as they left dale jr's name off of the pass card lol.and i agree about the same cars coming out so fast they're starting to warm the pegs fast around here.checked a couple of wally's and they're still loaded with sch. hoods and coins.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts