Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are right fellas! Winner's Circle is going to pull the same crap as last year...same cars released over and over again but package differently or with a different trinket!

Found the 2008 Daytona 1/64's at a local Target. They had the 1/64 hoods and the four car Hendrick set. In addition to this, they also put more 1/64's out that are attached to a base with an acrylic caes around them...like the beer cars. Wouldn't a hood suffice for the 1/64's instead of re-packaging them in a box and charging a higher price? No 1/24's yet but I really wish they would do away with the "open hood" cars...if you want an open hood, by the regular Action version and get more for your money.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
so let me get this straight.........1 w/ Daytona hood, 1 w/ regular hood and 1 in a display case like they did with the ROY and Champ cars last year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
godzilla said:
which Target did you find these at ?
Saw the Daytona hoods at Parmatown Target this morning in their normal place, some open hood 1/24's on an end isle with some 2007 1/24's

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
so let me get this straight.........1 w/ Daytona hood, 1 w/ regular hood and 1 in a display case like they did with the ROY and Champ cars last year.
yup, you got it. picked up both hood and display truex today.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
sounds like another set that i will only buy the Stewart and call it a day. i am saving so much more money by only buying Stewart and a special car every once and a while compaired to when i bought all of them as soon as they came out.

I still wonder with all the new cars coming out now if they will finish the raced versions set. i only need like 3-4 cars of what is left, but in all reality only 2 which are the Stewart Gatorade and Watkins Glen cars

·
Banned
0 Posts
Just a little further out and I guess I would have found them.  Went to the 3 Greensboro Targets and the Kernersville one and still no Daytona diecasts. Two displays are up and one was being setup...guess I'll be back out in the morning.  Which Target did you see them at Nick?

·
Banned
0 Posts
I found them today. Went to 3 Targets and found the Daytona 500 hood cars, the Daytona 4 car and 2 car boxed sets, and the boxed cars. No 1/24's though. The last Target I went to the guy was just finishing up stocking the display and stocked 3 cases of 2007 1/24 hood open cars. No Daytona 08 ones. I also have yet to find the 1/87's. I did pick up a few things though...

·
Registered
375 Posts
My bud here in Fla that works at Target just called and said they just got the 2 pks in, and they are $9.99 each, but they have not received any of the other Daytona 500 diecast cars/sets. You would think being 45 miles from the Daytona Speedway that they would have received them. Good ole Target distribution centers.

·
Banned
0 Posts
You were right on about the date of release. It seems that most area Targets have gotten at least some Daytona cars in by this morning. Thanks for your valuable information.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
thanks for the info on these cars

my target got in the hoods today only, but they only had the 24,88's20,and 48

oh well im sure by tommorow ill find the rest. The best news was they rang up 3.99 a piece so i got 4 cars for the price of 3

G

·
picked these up this morning they had everything except the 08 hood open 1/24's just a ton of the 07's.i did'nt notice till i got home the 1/64's were $3.99.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
These showed up here today as well, and the 1/64's were $3.99 here as well. I've noticed that no one has mentioned anything about the two car sets. I picked up the one with Dale Jr.'s Amp car (there wasn't a National Guard car one.) I figured maybe these would only be prior 500 winners (i.e. Harvick, Gordon, Johnson, Jr.) but then I saw there was a Stewart one as well. I passed on the 4-car tin-- just didn't seem all that impressive to me.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
i found them at my target this morning but in the same aisle as the cars. I picked up all except the harvick cuz i grabbed it and it had some paint nicks and forgot to grab another.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
My Target actually put the hoods on the pegs and the rest of them on the endcap. I guess they will put out the 1/24's in a couple of days, but I would have figured that all of the stuff would have shipped together. From what I have read though, it sounds like it didn't. Maybe it's just a stock issue at the stores though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Is there a 2008 harbvick 1/24 open hood?Thanks. I haven't hit my target in a while but hopefully they have everything

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i came across the Hoods and the hood opend 1:24 this morning. the hood open 1:24 has much better detail than the regular. it has the seperate splitter bars across the front, where the regular 1:24 it is just a molding to make it look like it has splitter bars.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
i came across the Hoods and the hood opend 1:24 this morning. the hood open 1:24 has much better detail than the regular. it has the seperate splitter bars across the front, where the regular 1:24 it is just a molding to make it look like it has splitter bars.
Can you post a pic if you have any? I was curious if they would do them or not. BTW, how did the auto deal go?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
43/24/88fan said:
picked these up this morning they had everything except the 08 hood open 1/24's just a ton of the 07's.i did'nt notice till i got home the 1/64's were $3.99.

Found them all today also but the #88 Amp. Toy guy said some guy he has never seen before got all of the #88 Amp hood this afternoon. The only one I picked up was the #20 2pack.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts