Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently decided to start rounding out some of the Dale Sr. cars that I was missing.

The first one showed up today....probably one of my least favorite cars of his ever produced, but it is the 1956 Ford Victoria RCCA all pink error car. Got a great deal on it.

Stay tuned for the next 4 cars coming.....waaaay more exciting than this. Got 2 of my Holy Grails!!

Take care,

Randy

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
It´s very ... pink :gum:

Nice add :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[MENTION=2972]the solitaire[/MENTION] Sir you are correct about that....its actually pretty hard to stomach (Pepto Bismol reference?). I actually packed it back up and put it in the closet after taking this picture.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
I think it will look great in a display with some other cars around it. On it´s own, it really takes some getting used to.

There was another very famous pink racecar though, and it was that color on purpose:

So I´d say that car is in good company :)

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
So pretty, lol I love it!!

·
Super Moderator
8,752 Posts
too bad it is the incorrect version. the correct version has the purple roof.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
I think it will look great in a display with some other cars around it. On it´s own, it really takes some getting used to.

There was another very famous pink racecar though, and it was that color on purpose:

So I´d say that car is in good company :)
First thing that came to my mind seeing the pink Sr car. :)
Gotta love Porsche..

@RAK80, Nice add.

·
Super Moderator
8,752 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear ya, It's not the first time for Action and won't be the last. Remember Dale's 1991 Champion car, gray interior and white lettered tires.
Exactly! That one bothers me pretty badly. Must have been out of red plastic and white Goodyear lettering! :angry:

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,582 Posts
Exactly! That one bothers me pretty badly. Must have been out of red plastic and white Goodyear lettering! :angry:
I actually made the right version. I took the Dale Earnhardt 1990 chasse and put it on the 1991 car, so now I have the error car and the right version and also have a 1990 error version since I put the error 1991 chasse on the 1990 car. Here's the csae that has them in. The 2 under the Lowes Food car are the 1990 cars, then skip a car and the next 2 are the 1991 cars.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Yes, it was definitely a "minor" oversight on their part!!
Like the misspelling on the Ralph Earnhardt 1st asphalt win. That is an error right, or was it incorrect on Ralph's car?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts