Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on this particualr piece. I recieved this from a member on RCCA. Great looking car too. It's on an Elite chasis. There's a sticker on the box that is hand written out. It says, "Action 2002, 24kt Gold Plated, 1 of 48, Motorsports Direct Prototype." The car has Motorsports Direct on the deck lid with a 1-800-phone number, and also on the rear quarter panels. I do know that there are others that have something different on the deck lid and panels. So, I'm assuming thatt hese were made for different Action dealers with thier company's and/or store's name on it. I'm hoping that someone on here can shed some light on this piece. It's definitely different and unique! :)

·
Premium Member
10,762 Posts
I assume you are correct about this car. 1st time I have seen one. Very cool Gold!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice add... don't have answers for you but it is interesting.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Years ago Action made those Anniversary Cars for each of there Distributors. The distributors then would send out the cars to there best customers. Somewhere in my collection I Have two of those from Different Distributors. Very unique and rare items as they were never sold to the general public.

Scott

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Years ago Action made those Anniversary Cars for each of there Distributors. The distributors then would send out the cars to there best customers. Somewhere in my collection I Have two of those from Different Distributors. Very unique and rare items as they were never sold to the general public.

Scott
So they're not actually "prototypes" then, much less "24kt" gold? And were there 48 total distributors in all and how many did each distributor get? Just trying to get a feel on this piece and a little history. It's the hand written sticker that's on the box that's concerning me, was that typical too?

One more question that you may have an answer to... Motorsport Direct... who were they, where were they located?

I appreciate you answers and comments. Thanks Scott!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great add!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
So they're not actually "prototypes" then, much less "24kt" gold? And were there 48 total distributors in all and how many did each distributor get? Just trying to get a feel on this piece and a little history. It's the hand written sticker that's on the box that's concerning me, was that typical too?

One more question that you may have an answer to... Motorsport Direct... who were they, where were they located?

I appreciate you answers and comments. Thanks Scott!
Motorsports Direct was an Action Distributor from California if my memory is correct. At that time Action had approximately 15 distributors and they made cars for each distributor. Motorsports direct received 48 of those cars to give out to there best customers (dealers).

Hope that helps.

Scott

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Motorsports Direct was an Action Distributor from California if my memory is correct. At that time Action had approximately 15 distributors and they made cars for each distributor. Motorsports direct received 48 of those cars to give out to there best customers (dealers).

Hope that helps.

Scott
Sorry Scott but I have one other question. Were these numbered in any way? Mine is stating that it's a prototype... just curious if it really is or not. Thank you for the answers. It's helped out alot!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Sorry Scott but I have one other question. Were these numbered in any way? Mine is stating that it's a prototype... just curious if it really is or not. Thank you for the answers. It's helped out alot!
I would say its not a true prototype, as they only made 48 it was most likely printed up that way due to the fact that at that point MOQ was 3504 cars.

Back then they did not number the cars unless it was an elite.

Scott

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would say its not a true prototype, as they only made 48 it was most likely printed up that way due to the fact that at that point MOQ was 3504 cars.

Back then they did not number the cars unless it was an elite.

Scott
It's on an Elite chasis though. I didn't know and I thank you sir for your wisdom! :biggrin: You have shed alot of light on this car for me! I'm glad to have it a part of my collection still the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts