Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jr Crazy
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share some items/ signatures/ stories about when i was at Las Vegas over the weekend. Ok lets get started haha:
We left early on friday morning to go out to vegas. We got there around 2:30 and went and watched sprint cup qualifying. At 5 we left and went to Sams Town to go to the Regan Smith/ Ricky stenhouse jr signing. I got 5 1:64s autographed plus 2 windows for 1:64s signed.

On saturday we went to the track way early so we could get tickets to meet Cole Whitt. We met him at 9 and i got a 1:64 custom signed plus 2 nationwide 1:64 windows to go in 2012s when released. We also got tickets to meet Jamie McMurray during the nationwide race. I got a hero card and 2 1:64 windows signed. We watched the nationwide race, or seats were row 6 from the finish line. we missed kyle crash because we were meeting Jamie. Overall i thought the nationwide was a great race, more interesting then the Cup one.

On Sunday we went early to meet Brad Keselowski at a Q&A in the morning. I was right next to the stage. After the Q&A, he signed a few autos, when he was getting in his cart to leave, i handed him my cardboard with my 1:64 windows for drivers to sign, after he took them, he started driving away!! i had to chase him down to get my windows back, it was so funny hahaha. After that we went to meet Austin Dillon. Overall i think he was an ass. He signed 2 1:64 windows for me, but got before he signed he was pissed off at me and [MENTION=1164]gr8eske_1[/MENTION] because he got a custom signed and thought we were selling them. After we went to the signing, we went in and watched the race. Even though Jr had a somewhat great day, it wasnt that good of a race. We watched the race and saw both stenhouse and tony do there burnouts up close, i was right against the fence.

Had a great time, heres some pics:
View attachment 36103

View attachment 36104

View attachment 36105

View attachment 36106

View attachment 36107

View attachment 36108

View attachment 36109

View attachment 36110

View attachment 36111

View attachment 36112

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Sounds like a great experience huh.. :biggrin:
Nice auto's.

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
Nice adds and autos, IMO, I think autos on 1/64th are bad cause the driver has no room to sign a decent auto. but hey you met them and got autos!! NICE!!

·
Jr Crazy
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[MENTION=3576]Bates[/MENTION] thanks, yes it is :biggrin:
[MENTION=3273]Deevs09[/MENTION] i know what you mean, my brad auto didnt turn out very good, but at the moment i cant afford 1:24s for every driver i meet so i just have 1:64s signed, plus not alot of people have them so its unique.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
[MENTION=3576]Bates[/MENTION] We were 20-25th in line and a few people before we got up there he was already out of hero cards. Seriously? They give out 250 tickets for the signing and you bring less than 25 cards? But anyway, I put the custom 1:64 2011 Bass Pro truck I made up there and ask him to sign it. He signs it, looks at it as he's handing it back to me and says "I didn't know we made these." I said "You didn't, I made it." Then [MENTION=2538]dakota3645[/MENTION] puts his cardboard with 1:64 windshields up there for him to sign and he kind of pushed them away and says "I can't do that, we can't do this. You can't sell these." Dakota tells him he's not selling them, he's putting them in cars when they are released. He probably just got upset seeing a sheet with multiple windows on it and thought Dakota was going to mass produce signed cars but he could have been a little nicer about the way he said it and acted.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I met Dillon and he was a really great guy. I would understand for him to get upset because he is taking the time to sign and when drivers get just a windshield to a custom they do tend to get mad. I had that done before because in the end everyone just get their autographs for money and drivers don't like that.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
I met Dillon and he was a really great guy. I would understand for him to get upset because he is taking the time to sign and when drivers get just a windshield to a custom they do tend to get mad. I had that done before because in the end everyone just get their autographs for money and drivers don't like that.
Austin was the last of the drivers that signed, none of the 5 previous guys had issues with it. I understand his concern but still think he could have handled it a bit better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts