Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Dodge Challenger SRT-8 is "SOLD OUT" according to Chrysler.....

New Dodge Challenger SRT8 Sold Out

Written by: Autocar staff
Auburn Hills, Mich. – 12/7/2007

Production Challenger will appear in full at February's Chicago show.

Dodge has released the first official peeks of the new Dodge Challenger SRT8.

We won't see the final production car in all its glory until the Chicago motor show in February 2008, but that didn't stop more than 6000 people placing deposits when order books opened in three days ago.

Considering initial production of the 6.1-liter Hemi V8 muscle car is predicted to be around 5000 units, some customers will be waiting a very long time.

List price starts at only $40,095, but buyers are expected to be paying well over list with demand so strong.

LOL, list price starts at "ONLY" $40,095.00......ONLY MY ASS! I'll never see one!

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
That didn't take long! Dodge could concievably have one of the best selling cars of the decade here, yet they are shooting themselves in the foot by only making 5000 of them AND selling it for more then we paid for this house!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Billy Kingsley said:
That didn't take long! Dodge could concievably have one of the best selling cars of the decade here, yet they are shooting themselves in the foot by only making 5000 of them AND selling it for more then we paid for this house!
The real killer is they are pre-selling 5,000 of the Challengers if you will, but supposedly only making 4,000 and change of the big Hemis. I wonder if they are making one that is NOT an SRT-8 w/the big Hemi in it? If not, they will not be able to fill the 5,000 orders. I wonder if Fred Wagenthals hooked up w/Chrysler? LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts