Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new head of NASCAR's largest merchandising agency will try to help the company become profitable and also try to create items that fans want to buy. That sounds simple, but considering that Motorsports Authentics represents many teams, that isn't always easy. Fans might flock to the merchandise haulers of a few select drivers but the company also is in the business of marketing merchandise for drivers not as popular. Mark Dyer, former vice president for licensing and consumer products at NASCAR, took over Motorsports Authetics a couple of weeks ago and has the task of making it profitable. The company is a split venture between Speedway Motorpsorts and International Speedway Corp., which each own 50%, and SMI reported $3.2 million in losses (for its half of the company) in 2006, Motorsports Authentics' first full year in operation. Some of those losses included the cost of merging the two companies that were bought to create Motorsports Authetics - Team Caliber and Action Performance. "We're dedicated to selling as many drivers as possible," Dyer said last week. "We have a ton of drivers in our portfolio. One of the questions this industry faces is how to make more drivers successful from a licensing standpoint. "Obviously you have the ones at the top that sell the vast majority of merchandise, but every team, every driver, every sponsor wants to be represented and that's the challenge in the economic model is how to represent them. We're committed to having their product available, but I think the question is where can the product be available that is the most cost effective way that it can be done for us as a business." The company has about 500 employees and has 49 merchandise haulers that go race to race. It deals with more than 200 licenses.

from Jayski.com

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Maybe we should issue him a personal invitation to become a member of this board.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
sometimes you really do have bright ideas spool. :congrats:

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Since the Contact link no longer accepts emails, I doubt they wish to hear from us at the moment.

When you hit the SUBMIT button you get an error. Or at least I do, maybe they locked me out! :loser:

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
He needs to become a member, maybe if we ask Stephanie to forward a link!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Will he have any influence on the WC line?
Hopefully he will get them to offer more drivers and paint schemes and drop the dumb trinkets like coins and pit passes.
I'd also like them to offer some great paint scemes they missed in the past Elliot snakeskin, Mayfield Hemi etc.

And how about a Vintage series with Talladegas' Superbirds, Chevelles, etc.
That will probably mean new castings but, I'm sure collectors will welcome it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts