Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be honest here... I have registered in order to try to sell some diecast cars.
Mostly 1 24 scale. Franklin Mint, Danbury Mint, Wix, Car Quest, etc.
Most in boxes.
Bigfoot 14, Petty Talledega Torino, John Force cars with socket set. Prudhome, Bernstein, Yates drag cars etc etc.
Mustangs, impalas, nomads, etc

Looks like it will take some work to get this done.
If you have any interest in a list, that is not yet complete, please email me direct.

[email protected]

I appreciate it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to add to my intro above.

With the exception of tractor pulling I am not really a motorsports fan.

I have joined this site in order to try to sell some cars that belonged to a friends husband.

I don't want to look sketchy to the community here but that is my story.

I have posted one set of NHRA cars in the for sale section.

If you may have advice to help me be credible here on the site, I would like to hear it.

Thank you for your help.

· Sunday Money
2,233 Posts
Thoughts to ponder.

If you haven't already, you may want to consider looking for a NHRA Buy Sell Trade Facebook page to potentially facilitate more interest, feedback regarding market value, etc.

I have no knowledge of the NHRA market. Diecast Crazy is primarily a NASCAR collector site whose active membership has dramatically declined the past decade consistent with the overall continuing die-cast collector market decline. I chose to donate 100 NASCAR die-casts in 2021 to Toys for Tots .... not worth my time and effort to potentially get 20% of retail ... if anything at all.

Numerous Facebook sites have surfaced in recent years attempting to liquidate tons of NASCAR die-cast as well. It's been a buyer's market for the past decade if you can find interest at all ... especially for older, mass produced die-casts / tool sets, etc. Most collector demand today is focused on new die-cast being produced.

Speaking in general terms, selling your items as a lot to collectors probably limits interest (if any) as well. On the upside, it only takes one person to have interest if you can connect. Good luck.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your info. I am looking into the facebook route as well and I understand that buying a group of cars may be a bit more than folks are looking to do.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts