Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Todd and David Gilliland Fan.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few more new adds this week. Some Kasey stuff, a new Gilliland pre-order, and a few other things as well!

2022 Todd Gilliland #38 Boot Barn 1/24

2004 Benson/McMurray/Mears/Marlin #1 Miccosukee 1/24

2003 Rickey Craven #32 Tide 1/24

2018 Aric Almirola #10 Talladega Win 1/24

2014 Kasey Kahne #5 Atlanta Win 1/24

2014 Kasey Kahne #5 Daytona Win 1/24

2012 Kasey Kahne #5 Rockwell 1/24 Auto

Registered
Nice job on the Micco... very hard diecast to find. Interestingly of couple hundred customs I have done over the last 20 years the Miccosukee 09 is the hardest one I have ever done. Done 3 or 4 over the years for myself and other collectors and it is just a brutal custom. Looking at it you would think 'no big deal' but it is really a tough one. Wish I would have been able to find a production model years back... would have saved me some considerable consternation and occasional profanity.

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job on the Micco... very hard diecast to find. Interestingly of couple hundred customs I have done over the last 20 years the Miccosukee 09 is the hardest one I have ever done. Done 3 or 4 over the years for myself and other collectors and it is just a brutal custom. Looking at it you would think 'no big deal' but it is really a tough one. Wish I would have been able to find a production model years back... would have saved me some considerable consternation and occasional profanity.
Thanks! I believe there was 4 Miccosukee cars made, I have 2 of the 4. 51 truck, 1 Busch, 09 Busch, and 09 Keselowski Dega win. I have the truck and the 1 now. None of them come up all that often. Almost bought an 09 custom of a Ron Fellows COT car just to use as a pseudo Gilliland car, cause David drove a race or two in the Miccosukee cars

Registered
There is an 09 sitting on Ebay right now. Wants quite a bit for it... 130 I think. I may be able to get the sheet I used for Marlin's 09. I am a glutton for punishment- will do an 09 for you at cost if you wish. LMK if you wish... will need to see if Winscales is still even in business. He did my 09 Micco sheet years ago. Might be able to get him to get Gilliland's name as the name. Contingencies will be different.

Registered
Thanks! I believe there was 4 Miccosukee cars made, I have 2 of the 4. 51 truck, 1 Busch, 09 Busch, and 09 Keselowski Dega win. I have the truck and the 1 now. None of them come up all that often. Almost bought an 09 custom of a Ron Fellows COT car just to use as a pseudo Gilliland car, cause David drove a race or two in the Miccosukee cars
I can get that Micco sheet from Bryan. If you want me to do it for you I certainly can. Couple things...
I charge only for my true out of pocket- Black COT, decal sheet and shipping. I don't charge for my time as I want to keep it 'a hobby'. Once you start charging for a profit... then it gets weird and pressurized. I take my time and work on them as I have time...

Let me know if you want me to do it for you.
Thanks
Roger

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can get that Micco sheet from Bryan. If you want me to do it for you I certainly can. Couple things...
I charge only for my true out of pocket- Black COT, decal sheet and shipping. I don't charge for my time as I want to keep it 'a hobby'. Once you start charging for a profit... then it gets weird and pressurized. I take my time and work on them as I have time...

Let me know if you want me to do it for you.
Thanks
Roger
Thanks Roger, I'll keep it in mind down the road! Eventually will start getting some more Gilliland customs done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts