Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the coast of Lower Slower Delaware. I am a recently retired engineer who spent 23 years in the Columbus, Ohio area before retiring to the beach in Delaware.

I started my son on collecting 1/24 NASCAR diecast when he was small with a shelf near the top of his bedroom walls so it would look like they were racing around his room. His never realized goal was to have one of each racing number. Later when he was older, he lost interest in them, but by that time I had the bug and slowly added to the collection. Now I am only a dozen models away from completing the one-of-each-number collection. (There are a few multiple of some numbers.) We recently moved into a new house and I found a way to display them in my temperature controlled shop. I make an 8" loop of bell wire and string it around the rear axle of the cars. Then I hang them from cup hooks spaced 4" apart that are about 3" from the ceiling. The collection now wraps onto a second wall and will probably come near to filling that wall too.

I must admit I am a bit of a bottom lurker on the on-line auctions, never spending more than $20 for a car. It has been great fun collecting the cars, and I really enjoy seeing the collection out in the open. I also like the period advertising on the cars.

·
Marcos Ambrose Fan
1,116 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard! Cool display

Reactions: Bill the Engineer

·
Sunday Money
2,115 Posts
Welcome Bill. Love your wall art ... unique and creative. :cool:

I admire your discipline of a $20 spend cap .... the hobby needs more bottom lurker's now more than ever.

As an OCD financial person and die-cast addict, I would have to display them in numerical order. :ROFLMAO:

As an Earnhardt Sr. and Kenseth fan / collector, I don't see #3, #17, or #20 on the wall ..... YET! :p

Happy hunting ... bottom lurking. (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Welcome Bill. Love your wall art ... unique and creative. :cool:
As an Earnhardt Sr. and Kenseth fan / collector, I don't see #3, #17, or #20 on the wall ..... YET! :p

Happy hunting ... bottom lurking. (y)
They are up there.

The numbers I'm still looking for are 53, 61, 62, 65, 69, 73, 76, 82, 85, 86, 89. I'm kind-of particular about the paint schemes though.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Toy Vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well, I guess the next step is probably posting in the show-and-tell type forum. I'm just wondering if individual shots or group shots are better.

For example, today's arrivals.
Vehicle Yellow Toy Automotive exterior Automotive tire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts