Diecast Crazy Forums banner

New To Forum

459 views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Believe 
#1 ·
Hi all,

A coworker got me involved, thanks in advance for all the help and information.

thanks!

#9 ·
thanks guys! Username came from back in middle school (one of those - 'you can't make fun of someone that already made fun of themselves' names).

Anyway, have around 300 1/24th scale diecast, about 30 of which are danbury/franklin mint - a token amount of racing stuff. I grew up heavily involved with cars, and my dad found model cars a great way for me to be involved when I was young (too young to work on real cars) - learning their shape, etc.
He still gets me at least one model each year at Christmas for fun :)

I did have dreams of being an automotive designer, for which I even took classes for and I thank my dad for the inspiration - my model cars gave me this since youth, but I just turned out to be a Mech. Engineer instead, lol (more conservative path).

Lately I have been trying to replicate my personal cars in 1/18th scale, I'll post those later :) (just some old BMW stuff)

When I was younger, my dad and I did this with our family fun cars (a '02 orange firebird, a '78 red ferrari 308, and a gold '67 firebird).

I'm excited to see all that this site has to offer! Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.