Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the hood series of Stewart and Kahne with test cars and hood series with Gordon Pepsi, Gordon Dupont, Earnhardt Jr. DEI, and Johnson Lowes today at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Nice finds, I hope they slow down for a little while with the new releases! It's getting pretty expensive to keep up right now!!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
two words, Market Saturation.

They cannot make new paint schemes because they are too busy re-releasing all this stuff, now with a hood instead of a pit board!!! woo hooo!! :shame:

·
Registered
328 Posts
yup-found those today and picked up the stewart one

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Great finds, you said there was a Kahne Test car? Finally a different car for Kahne.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
will be on the look out for the Stewart one and depending on what the kahne looks like.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
i looked at the wc checklist again and it looks like with the exception of the test cars, and the navy, all of the cars are repeats like sadlers regular, gordons regular, jr's regular. I did see however something on the canadian hoods on there with the hoods

·
Registered
589 Posts
BLACKER said:

They cannot make new paint schemes because they are too busy re-releasing all this stuff, now with a hood instead of a pit board!!! woo hooo!! :shame:
I agree, and also I hate the test cars. I think it is a waste when you could do actual cars. :hmmph:

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Ohio29 said:
BLACKER said:

I agree, and also I hate the test cars. I think it is a waste when you could do actual cars. :hmmph:
Test cars are actual cars. I consider Fantasy Cars a total waste.. but Test cars.. especially in 1/64 are really cool.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
1Bob29 said:
Ohio29 said:
BLACKER said:

Test cars are actual cars. I consider Fantasy Cars a total waste.. but Test cars.. especially in 1/64 are really cool.
i can see why they released the nicorette with the pit pass, but why release the pit pass with the regular paint scheme? i can see why they released the test car with the pit board but why release the pit board with the pepsi when they knew they were going to release it again with the hood? personally i think the pepsi with the hood looks better in the package then with the pit board.

i know that if you slap Jeff Gordon or Jrs face on a package of "shit flavored Tic-Tacs" they would sell but damn where is the cut off of saturation? Like Blacker and i have stated before because they know, us as collectors, we will try and get everything they release for our drivers.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i don't collect nascar any more. but i always look. and it's starting to look like around years 01, and 02 here. there are now 1/64 peg warmers from this year in walmart. loads of 1/18 scale, the haulers are not selling at all, and there were probably 15 of the 1/24 scale winners circle at the one walmart also. and we have 2 in town. and things not selling. shoot, k-mart still has last years stuff, 1/64 and 1/24. ollies still has a good 200 to 300 cars from the 01 to 03. lots of the special cartoon paint schemes, etc. but the stuff is all beat up. they've had them as low as .79 cents each. who knows how low they will have to go. they finally got rid of the 1/24's at $2.50.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The thing I hate the most is that they split up the waves, and everywhere gets the 1st half but not the second half. If they put out everything at once I wouldn't care how many different trinkets they put with the same driver, It just is so frustrating to see parts of a wave with a Harvick car but no Harvick car.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I agree with Joker.
I do not even really care how many times they re-release the same car with a worthless trinket, it is my choice NOT to buy them.
What I hate is when they state market saturation as a reason for NOT releasing a different scheme from a driver, but then RE-release the same old schemes over and over.

1st. People concerned about market saturation do not flood the market with more of what they already have out there ---- so they are lying to me.
2nd. By NOT producing the PA car at all, I do not have the option to buy or not buy it, therefore they have taken the choice away from me.

I am left with the option to shut up and buy whatever they give me, or feel like I am not supporting my driver. I am either an idiot if it do, or un-loyal if I dont.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
They don't stock Winner's Circle at all here anymore...That's fine because they are pretty useless, except in the instance when they release something that's not available elsewhere.

I need ALL the 2007 Test cars, and some of last year's too.

Kwik, you mentioned 79 cent cars? I might be interested in some of them for custom work...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the five I found today. Didn't find the Lowes hood. So that means I still need the 1/64th lowes autograph hood and Pepsi pit board to get me caugt back up. Thanks!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
fishin4cars said:
Nice finds, I hope they slow down for a little while with the new releases! It's getting pretty expensive to keep up right now!!
I never thought I'd hear anyone bitching about seeing too many cars!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kspool said:
fishin4cars said:
I never thought I'd hear anyone bitching about seeing too many cars!!
i dont think hes bitchin about too many cars i think he is just feeling it in his wallet this week with all the cars that have been released and found around our area. my count is well around $250 in the last week out of his pocket and thats not counting what he has got off the bay, lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts