Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The earliest shipment date I've seen from Lionel is 2/17/18 on the Logano AAA car. In past years, we've gotten cars in January before the 500, but it seems like Lionel is behind. Has this ever happened before?

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
I seriously don't understand what the rush to get the 2018 cars is. I collect 1:43 LeMans Podium Winners and V8Supercars and they don't even begin production of them until after the races have run. I am still waiting on 1:43 Supercars that ran during the 2015 -2017 season to be made and 2017 Le Mans Podium Winners also. NASCAR collectors have no idea how good they actually have it with how fast cars are produced....

·
Stone Cold CraZy
3,558 Posts
It kind of depends on how late the teams and sponsors send their approval to Lionel, because they can't offer anything before then. Plus a lot of "next year" cars end up getting offered before Lionel is even sent the artwork from the team, so they have to wait on that before they can even start working on the car. This year there just happens to be a lot of driver, team, paint scheme, and sponsor changes, not to mention Lionel didn't get the green light to start working on the new Camaro until pretty late, so naturally that will delay a lot of new releases.

Lionel might have some special early shipments of stuff available at the tracks, as they have done that before, but it's not that weird for them to have almost nothing ready for Speedweeks considering the whole process behind it.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
I would rather they wait and get them done correctly than have them rushed and be inaccurate. In five years, it won't matter if I got the car in February or July. But I will notice whether or not the car is accurate to the real thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lionel should not be producing/releasing any 2018 products until all of the 2017s have been shipped out.
Used to there wasn't so many schemes that were made in diecast form. Now there's at least 2 per driver. And most are revealed later on in the season. However though, there's no excuse as to why no one can buy any cars running at the 500 on 500 weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
Used to there wasn't so many schemes that were made in diecast form. Now there's at least 2 per driver. And most are revealed later on in the season. However though, there's no excuse as to why no one can buy any cars running at the 500 on 500 weekend.
Sure there is. They haven't been produced yet. That's a pretty good reason....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts