Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to the race on MRN, and they said that Jimmy Johnson won the last ever "Bud Pole Award". When did this occurr? "Bud" is not sponsering the "Pole Award" anymore? Who is next year?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has NASCAR secured a sponser yet for the "Pole Award"?

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have not heard of a decision as of yet, on who will replace Bud on the Pole Award.

·
Super Moderator
8,707 Posts
JPM42 said:
FFighter_21 said:
Has NASCAR secured a sponser yet for the "Pole Award"?
I heard Coors.
i think that is what i heard as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
"The five-year, $20 million deal includes renaming the Sprint Cup pole award to the Coors Light Pole Award from the Bud Pole Award, but does not impact the Budweiser Shootout exhibition race that annually kicks off Speedweeks at Daytona International Speedway. The speedway will hold the Bud Shootout in February."

Coors sponsors the pole award but the aren't sponsoring the race for the pole winners? Something is wrong there. I don't think the reporter has all the facts straight on that one. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Just think about all the changes that have been made since Sprint/ Nextel took over Cup racing. It's not even the same racing as when Winston had the sponsorship. IMO all of the changes they are making are killing the sport with the exception to rules changes for safety. They make very many more changes to cup racing and they will be losing even more fans including myself.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
BadBowtie said:
Just think about all the changes that have been made since Sprint/ Nextel took over Cup racing. It's not even the same racing as when Winston had the sponsorship. IMO all of the changes they are making are killing the sport with the exception to rules changes for safety. They make very many more changes to cup racing and they will be losing even more fans including myself.
Can't agree more Bud, Since Winston has been gone, way too many changes have been made to Racing!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts