Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
raceannouncer
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago, Plan B sales offered an "advanced run" of 1:64 Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s upcoming 2020 Nationwide Series "Hellmann's" paint scheme. I finally got mine--I would post a pic of it, but either I'm too dumb to know how to do it or, for some reason, I can't get it to work like it should. Suffice it to say, it is the same paint scheme available for pre-order, which leads me to believe there may have been others made in the past. The product number is pretty much the same as the pre-order number (NX82065HLEJ) except this has its own unique one (NX82065HLEJADV). So does anyone else know whether similar ones have existed for other releases? (My guess is that if one of these ends up in a secondary market, Ebay, etc. they might command big bux!) I don't know if they have sold out, yet--but it might be worth a call to find out!--(and you're welcome!)

·
Registered
729 Posts
It’s an advance run of a car that’ll come out later this year. Nothing special about it just they come in really early compared to the standard production run. It can be common for early season stuff to get releases like this. The most recent I can think of is Harvick’s 2017 Busch 1:24 that had an advanced run.

·
raceannouncer
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s an advance run of a car that’ll come out later this year. Nothing special about it just they come in really early compared to the standard production run. It can be common for early season stuff to get releases like this. The most recent I can think of is Harvick’s 2017 Busch 1:24 that had an advanced run.

·
raceannouncer
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After speaking with one of the people at Plan B, they said pretty much what you did; but he also said that might be minor variations or differences compared to the final version; so it would be considered a separate car to collect--especially since it has a different product number. He could not remember if any other 1/64 scale had ever been made for ANY driver...but both of us were not surprised that it was done for Jr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts