Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past day or two, I haven't had anything loading up on Tapatalk. It says that it's unable to connect to the forum and I need to contact the forum administrator. The message shows up on my phone and tablet. I'm okay with using the full site, buti thought I'd put this out there. Is anyone else having the issue?

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
For the past day or two, I haven't had anything loading up on Tapatalk. It says that it's unable to connect to the forum and I need to contact the forum administrator. The message shows up on my phone and tablet. I'm okay with using the full site, buti thought I'd put this out there. Is anyone else having the issue?
I've used Tapatalk on 2 separate devices today, yesterday, and the day before without any issues.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I need to try them again or give them more time, and I'll see if the message keeps coming up.

·
Banned
2,354 Posts
I had the same problem earlier today but it fixed itself within 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
0 Posts
Make sure you have the latest update. I had to update the Tapatalk version on the site (it forced me to) the day before yesterday so that may have something to do with it. It works on iOS right now. I can't test Android or Windows.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Make sure you have the latest update. I had to update the Tapatalk version on the site (it forced me to) the day before yesterday so that may have something to do with it. It works on iOS right now. I can't test Android or Windows.
I used it on a Galaxy and a Nokia Lumia so that covers Android and Windows, and had no problems, I am pretty sure it is an issue on their end and not an issue with DCZ.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I used it on a Galaxy and a Nokia Lumia so that covers Android and Windows, and had no problems, I am pretty sure it is an issue on their end and not an issue with DCZ.

Out of curiosity, what Lumia do you have? I've been looking at them lately. Thinking about trying one.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, it's working on my phone now, I'm using it to post. The tablet still isn't working, and the app is up to date, so maybe I'll need to give it more time to fix itself as well.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
0 Posts
Ok, it's working on my phone now, I'm using it to post. The tablet still isn't working, and the app is up to date, so maybe I'll need to give it more time to fix itself as well.

I do know that the Tapatalk tablet version is different from the phone version. On my Kindle, there was a Tapatalk and Tapatalk HD. The HD version was made for tablets. I'd imagine the issue lies within the tablet version, I don't know if you have the regular Tapatalk or the HD, but the HD was the newest and seemed to stay up to date. Still, there's a difference between a phone and tablet release and that's where the problem lies.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Out of curiosity, what Lumia do you have? I've been looking at them lately. Thinking about trying one.
Nokia Lumia 521 with T-Mobile Service, I got the phone from Microsoft on sale a while ago for only $40. It isn't the latest model, but it is not too bad, it is a good bargain for the price I got it at.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Nokia Lumia 521 with T-Mobile Service, I got the phone from Microsoft on sale a while ago for only $40. It isn't the latest model, but it is not too bad, it is a good bargain for the price I got it at.
I've been looking at the 520 for AT&T, it's currently $54.99. I have AT&T and could add it but didn't know how snappy it'd be. It's the same as the 521 so do you have any issues with it freezing? How's the signal compared to other phones you might've used with T-Mobile?

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do know that the Tapatalk tablet version is different from the phone version. On my Kindle, there was a Tapatalk and Tapatalk HD. The HD version was made for tablets. I'd imagine the issue lies within the tablet version, I don't know if you have the regular Tapatalk or the HD, but the HD was the newest and seemed to stay up to date. Still, there's a difference between a phone and tablet release and that's where the problem lies.
It's the regular Tapatalk. Not only will it not connect to DCZ, but I also removed DCZ from the list on there to see if logging back in would do anything. When I search for any app now, it just says it's loading but nothing ever shows up. This is definitely not because of the site itself, so I'll see if I can download Tapatalk HD.

·
Banned
0 Posts
It's the regular Tapatalk. Not only will it not connect to DCZ, but I also removed DCZ from the list on there to see if logging back in would do anything. When I search for any app now, it just says it's loading but nothing ever shows up. This is definitely not because of the site itself, so I'll see if I can download Tapatalk HD.

I'd imagine that they are eventually just going to support the HD version. It'd make sense due to it being made for tablet screens.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd imagine that they are eventually just going to support the HD version. It'd make sense due to it being made for tablet screens.
Well I couldn't find any HD version on the Play Store, but I did just clear the cache for Tapatalk and now its all working fine!

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well I couldn't find any HD version on the Play Store, but I did just clear the cache for Tapatalk and now its all working fine!

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's now called Tapatalk Pro. As long as the version that you are using works, keep using it because you have the free version. There's no reason to pay for something that should work. Glad you got it worked out!

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
I've been looking at the 520 for AT&T, it's currently $54.99. I have AT&T and could add it but didn't know how snappy it'd be. It's the same as the 521 so do you have any issues with it freezing? How's the signal compared to other phones you might've used with T-Mobile?
I think it may have frozen once and I have had it since December, it generally loads everything pretty quick, the signal quality is comparable to my Galaxy. The trouble with T-Mobile is that you need to live in larger cities to get 4G LTE, in the country it is not even 3G and in some remote areas I have no service, but that is just the T-Mobile network and not the phone. But for $50 a month for unlimited everything including 4G data for both phones, I can't complain as I am usually in cities like Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, Canton, Columbus, etc which all have excellent service and 4G.

I would say the main difference is that the 520/521 doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive newer models.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts