Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mark Martin CraZy
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I made a Facebook deal over the weekend and sent a Goods & Services payment for three Mark Martin 1/24s. Not long after that, I got a notice that my payment was "pending." Not too unusual, but a hassle since it temporarily delays everything. But then I get an email from PayPal... with my transaction special instructions in the body of the email (so I know it's legit) stating that my account is suspended until I log into the resolution center and answer a question. So I did. I expected a security-type question that only I would know. Nope. Something much more random. "What is Mark Martin's birthday?" Seriously? Although I knew it already (sad, I know), anyone could find that out and provide that answer. I just got confirmation that my account has been reactivated and payment released. So, other than delaying my order being shipped by a day, and the seller from being paid timely... what was the point?

·
just old school
5,767 Posts
So... I made a Facebook deal over the weekend and sent a Goods & Services payment for three Mark Martin 1/24s. Not long after that, I got a notice that my payment was "pending." Not too unusual, but a hassle since it temporarily delays everything. But then I get an email from PayPal... with my transaction special instructions in the body of the email (so I know it's legit) stating that my account is suspended until I log into the resolution center and answer a question. So I did. I expected a security-type question that only I would know. Nope. Something much more random. "What is Mark Martin's birthday?" Seriously? Although I knew it already (sad, I know), anyone could find that out and provide that answer. I just got confirmation that my account has been reactivated and payment released. So, other than delaying my order being shipped by a day, and the seller from being paid timely... what was the point?
Mark Martin free b's added to the purchase ??

·
Mark Martin CraZy
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Texas3 I was just lucky that the seller didn't say, "Sorry. I'm moving on." I copied him on PayPal's correspondence, so he could see I wasn't making it up. Not sure what I'd have done if the roles were reversed. It just sounds like bad excuse for dragging out a payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts