Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR announced today that Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 29 Chevrolet and Jamie McMurray, driver of the No. 26 Ford, have been fined $25,000 each and placed on probation until Oct. 3, 2007 for being involved in an altercation with each other's cars during this past Sunday's NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway.

The altercation occurred during the final caution period that came on the white-flag lap.

Both drivers were found to be in violation of Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing — involved in an altercation with another competitor's car during a caution period) of the 2007 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series rule book.

I don't remember this happening...

·
Premium Member
24,084 Posts
Never saw it. As I remember, they finished 5th an 6th... so it's not like one wrecked the other. Did anyone see or hear about this?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
That's about all of the race that I got to watch and the only thing I can figure out is MAYBE that is what caused the second part fo the wreck on the final green white checker but even that I didn't see kevin involved. I saw Gilliand and Mcmurray but Harvick was in a close vicinity so maybe it was found after the race. ??????

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Harvick was right behind the 20, 26 and 38 when the crash happened, but it really doesn't explain anything.

·
Premium Member
24,084 Posts
I read that it was under caution during the green-white-checker situation. NASCAR didn't see it until it checked the tapes after the race.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Bumping after the race huh? :doh: They didn't even see anything until after reviewing the tapes andf it's not even to do with the actual race. Why don't we fine NASCAR for say $1,000,000.00 for inconsistancy and unnecessary caution flags and BS like this would be eliminated!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts