Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Opportunity for Turner Scott Duo

271 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jkarpinski14 
#1 ·
NASCAR Nationwide Series News: Iowa Opportunity for Turner Scott Duo - MRN.com
By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone on May 17, 2014 | 2:12 P.M. EST

Dylan Kwasniewski topped the final practice session on Saturday at Iowa. (Photo: Jeff Wackerlin)
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on printMore Sharing Services
Print
Email

NEWTON, Iowa - A pair of Turner Scott Motorsports drivers will have their chance to make their mark in Sunday’s Get to Know Newton 250 Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway.
The entry list for the first of two visits to the 7/8-mile short track this season is without an influx of Sprint Cup Series interlopers. That will provide an opportunity for Nationwide Series regulars as well as other drivers to get a shot at running in NASCAR’s number two division a chance to shine.

Turner Scott Motorsports has a pair of drivers hoping to do just that with Dylan Kwasniewski and Chase Pistone set to pilot a pair of Camaros on Sunday.

Kwasniewski will move over to the No. 42 entry that Kyle Larson has piloted for the bulk of the early season. With Larson’s Nationwide Series schedule scaling back to allow more time and focus in the Chip Ganassi Racing Sprint Cup Series Target No. 42, Kwasniewski gets a shot at driving the potent ride.

"I’m looking forward to getting back on the track and getting behind the wheel of the No. 42 car this weekend in Iowa,” said Kwasniewski, who was involved in a crash the last time the series competed two weeks ago at Talladega. “With Larson fulfilling his Cup duties this weekend in Charlotte, it will be a great learning experience working with Scott Zipadelli and his crew.”

Kwasniewski is a graduate of the K&N Pro Series and has a pair of Iowa wins to his credit in the division. He’s hoping that experience will be beneficial in his Nationwide effort Sunday.

“I really enjoy short-track racing and especially running at Iowa Speedway,” he said. “I’ve had some success there in the K&N Series, so hopefully that will help us out this weekend. Scott and the guys have worked really hard to prepare a great racecar for me this weekend and I think we have a great shot at bringing the up & up by Target Chevy home with a great finish.”

Kwasniewski’s teammate Pistone also has previous experience at Iowa as he readies for a first career Nationwide Series start on Sunday. He’s competed in an ARCA race and made a pair of Pro Cup Series starts at the track.

“I think this opportunity will provide me with crucial experience that I can apply to my Truck Series schedule, as well as future Nationwide Series races,” said Pistone. “I’ve had some good runs at Iowa before but this will be my first Nationwide start at the track. I’m excited to work with (crew chief) Pat Tryson and the entire TSM crew, and think that Dylan [Kwasniewski] can even teach me a thing or two about this track since he’s had so much success in the past.”

Pistone scored a 13th place finish in his Camping World Truck Series season debut with NTS Motorsports at Martinsville back in March. He’ll compete with that team 13 more times this year and veteran crew chief Tryson was impressed with his Martinsville performance.

“Chase had a great run at Martinsville Speedway in the Truck Series and I think his previous experience at Iowa Speedway will help him tremendously,” said Tryson. “I enjoy working with young talent. I think we’ll all learn some things from this weekend.”

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm really interested to see what Pistone can do with this opportunity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.