Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
On one hand I doubt it since Mikey was a corner stone to Toyota coming to the Cup Series, but on the other hand his team being the only Dodges or the main Dodge team he could feel that could benefit his team better. He is a business man.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Kurt drives a Toyota in the Nationwide Series for Kyle.. guess that betters the chances of Phoniex going to Toyota next year? That makes no sense. I'm not trying to be a smart-***, but it doesn't mean anything..

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,241 Posts
It seems Travis Pastrana is going to be driving a Dodge Dart in the wrc. The one thing I am thinking about is that he is going to be a mwr driver so could improve the chances for mwr making the switch.
This has little effect on MWR. Pastrana is racing under the Pastrana 199 Racing banner with a technical alliance with MWR. It's no long Pastrana-Waltrip Racing. So Travis running a Dodge probably has little to no effect whether or not MWR stays with Toyota or moves to Dodge.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Let's clear this up, rallycross championship is totally different than WRC and really isn't even close. RallyCross is like that happens in the X-games, while WRC is a stage to stage race with each guy timed.

Now it surprises me he will go with a Dodge, but I'm assuming there is not backing at all from Suburu anymore (which is big reason why they left WRC factory teams, and Ken Block drives a Ford). I'm wondering if this is a way for him to get foot in door with Mopar, which would be awesome even if I'm a Toyota fan (I'm Mopar/Toyota fan).

There is very little loyalty anymore with mfg. It goes against alot for me but business is business.

Want to hear the biggest thing I heard in off season in motorsports. There is offroad team that runs RAM bodies, and won a championship under Mopar backing but used Roush-Yates Ford engines! I know Nissan teams were using Ford but Mopar was a series some sponsor.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This has little effect on MWR. Pastrana is racing under the Pastrana 199 Racing banner with a technical alliance with MWR. It's no long Pastrana-Waltrip Racing. So Travis running a Dodge probably has little to no effect whether or not MWR stays with Toyota or moves to Dodge.
I did not know that the it was reduced to an alliance.

Kurt drives a Toyota in the Nationwide Series for Kyle.. guess that betters the chances of Phoniex going to Toyota next year? That makes no sense. I'm not trying to be a smart-***, but it doesn't mean anything..
At the time I posted this I was still under the impression that it was Pastrana-waltrip racing in the Nationwide. If true Mikey's major partner is being backed by Dodge in another series. I figured that this could have a small impact on Michael trying to talk to Dodge.

As for the Kurt thing, Kurt drives for Phoenix, doesn't own it as Michael does. Also he is driving for his brother not driving for a factory team as Pastrana.

Let's clear this up, rallycross championship is totally different than WRC and really isn't even close. RallyCross is like that happens in the X-games, while WRC is a stage to stage race with each guy timed.

Now it surprises me he will go with a Dodge, but I'm assuming there is not backing at all from Suburu anymore (which is big reason why they left WRC factory teams, and Ken Block drives a Ford). I'm wondering if this is a way for him to get foot in door with Mopar, which would be awesome even if I'm a Toyota fan (I'm Mopar/Toyota fan).

There is very little loyalty anymore with mfg. It goes against alot for me but business is business.

Want to hear the biggest thing I heard in off season in motorsports. There is offroad team that runs RAM bodies, and won a championship under Mopar backing but used Roush-Yates Ford engines! I know Nissan teams were using Ford but Mopar was a series some sponsor.
I apologize about the mixing up of the two. As for anyone else, I just posted this because as a Dodge and to an extent Pastrana fan, I was hoping this would give us more hope Dodge will return. I felt like this could add a potential player to the Dodge bid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.