Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4001 - 4020 of 4057 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I guess no one likes Regan Smith apparently lol. I have nothing else to add or change it so oh well. At least I have to midnight so guys claim this nice car :).

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
I guess no one likes Regan Smith apparently lol. I have nothing else to add or change it so oh well. At least I have to midnight so guys claim this nice car :).
It was midnight last night, not tonight lol

But are you really surprised? 90% of smiths stuff DNPs

Reactions: rybo1854

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh OK my bad I just thought someone else would think it's cool and yes I'm not surprised at all lol. Was worth a try though

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,216 Posts
Mike HAPPY33 you can't claim again until someone else does, because you have reach the maximum of 10 days.

14. When someone posts a car that can be claimed, it will be up a limit of 5 days and will end at Midnight EST of the fifth full day. If not claimed by then it will go back to the car up before it, unless the Poster can change the car before midnight on the 5th day . When you reach the end of your first5 day period you must change the car to have another 5 days to keep your original claim. This means that there is only a possible max of 10 days to keep your claim.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Is the clorox up at midnight?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
There, I changed the car, what happened to the updates about cars close to expiring?

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
There, I changed the car, what happened to the updates about cars close to expiring?
Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Unfortunately you changed your car after it expired at midnight 5/20 and your change has been voided. We try our best to give reminders when a claim is going to expire, but it isn't automatic and every now and then one gets by. We need people to help themselves and try to keep track too.

tankemt's offering of the 2015 Dale Earnhardt Jr HALO 1/24 car is back up for claim.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts

Unfortunately you changed your car after it expired at midnight 5/20 and your change has been voided. We try our best to give reminders when a claim is going to expire, but it isn't automatic and every now and then one gets by. We need people to help themselves and try to keep track too.

tankemt's offering of the 2015 Dale Earnhardt Jr HALO 1/24 car is back up for claim.
If it's under the 10 day limit why in the hell should it matter? That's a load of BS

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I don't participate in this and generally only visit in occasionally out of morbid curiosity. While the original intent was a great idea, I have to say that it has appeared to be to become more of a chore than anything. This is obviously a third party view, but at this point, why keep this alive? In general, there seems to be more people trying to force it than anything. It you want to RAOK something, do it. In addition, since the inception of this, there have been the addition of so many limitations and rules, it makes it difficult to understand. One of the reasons I choose not to participate is, quite frankly, is the confusion on expiring claims and how many cars would have to be claimed before it would be safe to ship. What if my car was claimed, but the next car wasn't, then my car was back up, and then not claimed for five days, and then it expired, and then the previous car was back up.... and so on and so forth.

Obviously, that's the worst case, scenario, but I've seen car after car expire on here (good stuff too!) and members throw stuff up here to "jump-start" this thing more than once. I've seen people claim stuff they didn't really appear to want just to "get it moving again". That's not what PIF or CHC or RAOK's are all about. I was negotiating a sale of a car on FB a couple of weeks ago with a guy and he was having issues getting together the cash, so I RAOK'd the car to him. I've seen other guys (you all know who they are) send people stuff out of the blue. Paying it forward is sending stuff and not expecting something in return.

I honestly think this thing has run it's course.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
I don't participate in this and generally only visit in occasionally out of morbid curiosity. While the original intent was a great idea, I have to say that it has appeared to be to become more of a chore than anything. This is obviously a third party view, but at this point, why keep this alive? In general, there seems to be more people trying to force it than anything. It you want to RAOK something, do it. In addition, since the inception of this, there have been the addition of so many limitations and rules, it makes it difficult to understand. One of the reasons I choose not to participate is, quite frankly, is the confusion on expiring claims and how many cars would have to be claimed before it would be safe to ship. What if my car was claimed, but the next car wasn't, then my car was back up, and then not claimed for five days, and then it expired, and then the previous car was back up.... and so on and so forth.

Obviously, that's the worst case, scenario, but I've seen car after car expire on here (good stuff too!) and members throw stuff up here to "jump-start" this thing more than once. I've seen people claim stuff they didn't really appear to want just to "get it moving again". That's not what PIF or CHC or RAOK's are all about. I was negotiating a sale of a car on FB a couple of weeks ago with a guy and he was having issues getting together the cash, so I RAOK'd the car to him. I've seen other guys (you all know who they are) send people stuff out of the blue. Paying it forward is sending stuff and not expecting something in return.

I honestly think this thing has run it's course.
Agreed at this point, there's so many pointless rules at the moment that are hurting it and killing it more then helping it, everything expires and the thread always dies after a few weeks because no one wants to give anything up and even when they do its not good enough for anything

·
Super Moderator
2,557 Posts
whats bad is i want the halo car but have nothing to put up that is worthy so i will just keep watching like i have been

4001 - 4020 of 4057 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.