Votes: 0 0.0%
  • really nothing, its a FREE car.

Votes: 8 33.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay it Forward 1:64 Loose

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  racinglover523 
#1 ·
I was thinking about it last night. I have so many loose cars, and really want to get rid of them. So i thought of a Pay it Forward Loose Topic. I wanted to have a discussion first, before starting the thread. Should we try it?

I guess the only problems would be, condition of cars.

Poll is up for 60 Days.

#3 ·
Re: Pay if Forward 1:64 Loose

[MENTION=1]racersimage[/MENTION] Glade you like the idea...I'm all For this, I have plenty of 1:64 loose cars to start the thread off with..

#5 ·

If I could participate in this I'd love to, I have boxes of loose 1:64s I could provide. Good idea!

#8 ·

I used to give away cars to little kids on the internet, but I had to stop because after I shipped 16 packages, I became overwhelmed with everything and they wouldn't stop bugging me for them. What part of "UNEMPLOYED" do they not understand LOL

As for the poll, it is a great idea. I just don't think it should matter on the condition of the cars. THEY'RE FREE AND LOOSE. Loose cars are never in the best of condition anyways because they're exposed to the elements, even if they're not played with. I have a 1:64 Hermie Sadler Virgina is For Lovers car and the paint is cracking, and I never played with it. If they don't like it they don't have to ask for them.

I would be all in for this if condition doesn't matter. I'm getting paid finally for taking care of my grandma so I would be able to participate.

#9 ·

Condition matters. I have some cars in my collection that were never released with packaging and the condition still matters. People have loose cars generally so they can be displayed in a case or something. I don't want a car beat to hell.

People putting up cars should be open and honest about any flaws. Condition will matter to some, but not others.

#11 ·

That's exactly what I was thinking [MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION]

As long as people say/show what flaws (if any) are on the car it should be fine.

#12 ·

Condition matters. I have some cars in my collection that were never released with packaging and the condition still matters. People have loose cars generally so they can be displayed in a case or something. I don't want a car beat to hell.

People putting up cars should be open and honest about any flaws. Condition will matter to some, but not others.
I agree with this. If someone is gonna post a damaged car then pictures showing as much detail should be posted as well as an explanation of what's wrong with the car. A few small paint chips here and there shouldn't be a big deal, that happens, but if the whole right side of the car has been scraped off, the wing/spoiler is gone and the wheels are falling off then the owner of the car should have some splaining to do so everybody knows what they'd be getting.

#14 ·

Just curious as to why you guys have so many loose cars? Most of my son's cars are out of the packaging because he plays with them but all of my extras/duplicates are still in boxes.
I have bought a lot from farmers markets, diecast stores and such. They are always like, 80 cents a piece, and I can't pass that up! I am sure some people still have cars from when they were a kid, also, people unbox them to display them in a case.

#15 ·

I have bought a lot from farmers markets, diecast stores and such. They are always like, 80 cents a piece, and I can't pass that up! I am sure some people still have cars from when they were a kid, also, people unbox them to display them in a case.
That makes sense. lol I've only bought a loose car once. We don't have flea markets or farmers markets around here that sell NASCAR stuff so I forget that other people have that option.

#16 ·

Just curious as to why you guys have so many loose cars? Most of my son's cars are out of the packaging because he plays with them but all of my extras/duplicates are still in boxes.
Childhood probably. For me, I played with mine for many years, then I displayed them out of the packaging and since Winners Circle cars were the only ones available to me so the packing got thrown away since you cant repackage those like you can with the Gold series or whatever they're called these days. I've got about 100 loose cars from the late 90s to 2007.

As for the issue of condition, maybe there should be a scale that we rate our cars on. Like 1-5,
5 being essentially perfect,
4 being maybe one chip or something, (and we explain the best we can)
3 maybe some windshield discoloration and a few chips,
2 several issues
1 junk/donors

thats just my idea

#20 ·
I think this is a great idea!

Although i think the only cars that should be allowed is Mint condition cars. I mean who wants abeat to hell car?

The cars i am claiming in the 1/64 thread are for my sets and the cars for my sets are opened anyways but i only keep my cars all mint and i am sure others do as well.

I say great idea but keep it to only mint condition cars.

#23 ·
I can participate in this very soon :)

Are padded envelops allowed to be used if packed and secured safely? Meaning wrapped tightly in newspaper/bubble wrap/ etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.