Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like PayPal is looking to get all your personal info. Better check out the policy changes. Looks like they can and will hold your money until you prove who you are so be careful and read the new policy. Starts April 1 2012.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is good. I don't need someone scamming me because paypal is too lax.
Think it's more about the Government than paypal. But Pay-Pal is going to use it to get all your personal info for there own use. You are going to have to give tax I.D info and if they will ask to see your DRIVERS LICENSE to get your money . Guess this is more for sellers than buyers. Bottom line is the big brother is coming after everyone that sells anything.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Good and Bad. I cant say I agree with all of paypals avenues, but if this stops scammers and losers from doing things they shouldnt, then maybe it is for the best. The one thing I have the biggest issue with is how the buyer most of the time is always protected more than the seller. Perhaps that is more ebay than paypal, but in my opinion, they are one and the same.........JMO

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not going to bother me at all... I have nothing to hide
I really don't think it's about hiding anything. It's about everything you sell you will have to claim on your taxes because everything will be reported to the I.R.S.....Won't matter to most but the ones that do sell collections and alot through the year it might change your tax bracket. this is for die cast,old cloths,shoes, ect..... they want the money.That's why everyone was selling on ebay to make an extra buck for themselves.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
I really don't think it's about hiding anything. It's about everything you sell you will have to claim on your taxes because everything will be reported to the I.R.S.....Won't matter to most but the ones that do sell collections and alot through the year it might change your tax bracket. this is for die cast,old cloths,shoes, ect..... they want the money.That's why everyone was selling on ebay to make an extra buck for themselves.

It does suck and yes it is a way for the Government to get their hands on our money but sadly there is really nothing we can do to stop it :sad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts