Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Pick ups from Lowes today...Gordon Dept of Defense....

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  demondecko 
#1 ·
Yeah so I went over to Lowe's today to look around. None of the haulers except for Ward Burtons were open. MA had a tent sale as some of you may know and there was not much there in terms of diecast. The Scott Riggs was suppose to be 15, the Busch was suppose to be 12 and the Burney Lamar was suppose to be 7. I say suppose to be cause when I got in the car and looked at the receipt the woman completely screwed up the order. She rung up the Busch twice thus charging me 12 for the Riggs too and somehow the Lamar scanned as a white Gordon shirt for 3 bucks. I found the Gordon Department of Defense car at Hendricks shop. They also had Johnsons Power of Pride in the same kind of box. I did notice when we were leaving that they do have a hauler with nothing but the Armed Forces tribute stuff in it so I am hoping they have the Jr. camo car on Saturday. The Earnhardt car I won on Ebay.

See less See more
#9 ·
demondecko said:
sfhslax37 said:
wait was the camo car there?
I dunno, the armed forces trailer wasnt open yesterday. I wont know till tomorrow. I know that at Hendricks shop they had Gordon and Johnson's but not Casey Mears. So maybe some havent been made yet. Ill let you know tomorrow.
I wouldn't expect the mears to be out yet. they only put it up for preorder a few weeks ago

#18 ·
I just got a call from a friend at the track-- my Jr. Camo car is on the way to me tomorrow!!

#21 ·
Bill, I know what you mean! I haven't seen a Jr. Camo car yet but all in all MA is very much slacking in there reproductions. I got the Harvick bare naked ladies. Granted it was considered an 06 and is marked as an 06 but it still wasn't released until this year and it was purely the worst diecast I have ever picked up! I then picked up the #33 road loans and the Harvick Shell cars and they were better but still you can notice flaws on them that just didn't appear when it was Action. I don't know if it is quality control, or new personel, or what but the quality just isn't there like it has been. I have Emailed and sent a letter to MA. No response but I did let them know several issues of concern. The QVC cars aren't the same as the standard release. If you actually take the two releases and put them side by side you will see a LOT smoother finish on the QVC release over the STD. I have not had the chance to match up with an owners elite for this year but I did take the Harvick Busch champion Owners trackside and just set it beside the other two and so far it is very clean and no flaws that I can find. I didn't like the fact that an owners Elite trackside didn't allow the trunk to open. the Reg. owners elite that you get from RCCA does have opening trunk but still I haven't seen the two side by side to compare. I really hope that MA steps up! They are the monopoly for diecast and I sincerly hope that they don't start just throwing cars out just to make that quick buck!!

#22 ·
I had a little bit of time yesterday to look at the haulers. The only Military cars I saw in 1:24 scale were Jr's, Gordon, Johnson, Hamlin, and Martin. The Hamlin and Martin were on the Tribute trailer. I know Johnsons had the 1:64 but I honestly didnt even think to look for the rest. I did not see the set with all of them in it though Blacker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.