Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you may know that I operate a sports card shop on the weekends inside a large Mini Mall/Flea Market. Geebi and DP and two of my regular customers, but most of you have never seen my little place. I have put a great deal of time and money into this place over the last five years. I have slowly built up a nice business and developed what I believe is the finest selection of sports cards in this area. It is he first step in me opening my own full scale retail store in the near future. I thought I would post some photos just for the heck of it. It is 10 ft. wide and 20 ft. long. I have 8 display cases totaling 33 ft. of display space. I also have the walls covered with autographs, action figures, and hobby packs of the latest sports card products. I have over 50,000 cards in stock.

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Other Side....

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hobby packs....

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few autographed items.....

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Display cases of Baseball, Football, and Basketball Rookie Cards....

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The best of the old and the new....Diplay cases of Vintage cards and PSA Graded Rookie Cards (ALL GEM MINT 10s).

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Game-Used Memorabilia Cards...Retired & Current Players.....

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That is incredible DodgerBlue! I am mighty impressed!
Do you handle McFarlane figures?
I have no idea what were made, and I need them all. I am looking for Pittsburgh McFarlane's.
Pirates, Pens and Steelers.
I am especially looking for a Steelers figure in this years 75th Anniversary throw back uniforms. Any help would be so much appreciated. Hope ya can help, and if I am ever out/down your way, I wanna stop in. That place is just TOO COOL!

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
He does have a really nice place and is by far the best place to buy sports related items, especially cards. Glad you shared the pics DB.

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I was bored today so I started taking a few photos. I do handle McFarlane figures as they are a great seller for me. I have a Roberto Clemente Pirates figure and Steelers figures of Ben Roethlisberger, Franco Harris, Mean Joe Greene, and Troy Polamalu. I also have a cool SLU Classic doubles two pack of Jack Lambert and Jack Ham.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Dang nice place you got. I do have one question though. I never buy cards but I saw a sign in one of the pics talking bout not feeling the packs. Why would feeling the packs have anything to do with anything?

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
demondecko said:
Dang nice place you got. I do have one question though. I never buy cards but I saw a sign in one of the pics talking bout not feeling the packs. Why would feeling the packs have anything to do with anything?
Pack "feeling" is a method some dishonest folks use to search packs and try to find jersey cards. The jersey cards are thicker and in some products you can tell if a pack contains a jersey by squeezing and bending the pack, which may damage the cards inside. That is why it is a bad idea to buy loose packs from any retail outlet. There are rings of pack searchers that travel hundreds of miles and hit every Wal-Mart, Target, etc. along the way on a weekly basis. ANY respectable hobby shop wouldn't allow this. I just recently put all my packs behind the counter so customers have to ask for what they want. I haven't had any problems with theives, thank goodness, but this will prevent that from happening also. "Nip it in the bud" as Barney Fife would say.

·
Registered
564 Posts
He has one nice place there. I know there have been alot of packs bought out that place in the last few years to fill up a dump truck. Looking forward to alot more pack busting in the future. Hopefully one of these days you can get a full time store and put Bob out of business.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I have to say that you have a very nice set-up for a store. I used to work at a friends comic/sports/toy/collectible shop that he had over his pet shop. He started just like you small flea market then his store. To me that was one of my favorite jobs in school I ever had. Because that is how I got into collecting my stuff. Keep up the good work!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
DodgerBlue said:
Thanks guys. I was bored today so I started taking a few photos. I do handle McFarlane figures as they are a great seller for me. I have a Roberto Clemente Pirates figure and Steelers figures of Ben Roethlisberger, Franco Harris, Mean Joe Greene, and Troy Polamalu. I also have a cool SLU Classic doubles two pack of Jack Lambert and Jack Ham.
What would it take to talk you outta the Clemente, Rothlisberger and Polamalu McFarlane's?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts