Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...here are the pictures of the 2007 MA 1/24 Jeff Gordon Dupont COT that I picked up at Eldora. This car is actually pretty decent looking. I can deal with the hinges on the hood and trunk if the rest of the car is good. I did not have a chance to get a picture of the regular 2007 Monte Carlo SS side-by-side with this car...will get around to that someday!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
taterracing said:
Anyway you can put a regular 1/24th side-by-side with the COT? Just curious to know if the COT is any bigger.
I ask him to post pics last night and to post them side by side with a reg. version to see how much bigger they are. There have been several people asking about the width of the COT and would they fit in the reg. 1/24th display cases. Blazer actually has the first COT MA car in hand that I personally knew and I wanted to see what the dimensions were on the COT because he and others say they are bigger. He is suppose to be getting me outside of tire to outside of tire L to R. to see what the actual width is and center of tire to center of tire. to check wheel base. I have the new 90 car case and it has indentions in the shelf for the tires to set in. I'm wondering if they (COPT car)will work in that display. For those that have the Acrylic displays and the QVC 20,40,& 60 car displays there is only about 1/4"- 7/16" clearance between the wall and the side if the car. That is why he said he hasn't gotten pictures of them side by side. To answer your question yes they are bigger. To answer my question how much bigger? Still to be determined.......

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Ok thanks. Yeah, the display case I have... I can't fit a 1997 Action Pontiac in it because it's too wide, but all the other cars fit fine. We'll see, I guess.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
It looks to me to be the same size wheelbase wise, but of course the roof top is higher, if they did it correctly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering if those hinges were going to spread to the COT's. Looks like I won't be buying any of those either. Other than that, it is a nice looking car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I can't believe that you guys don't like the hood hinges this way. They are WAY more realistic than what we had before. All that we need now are the props and teathers like the Elites and we will really be getting accurate....I like em', JMO.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Very nice Blazer! At first I really hated thew COT but after seeing it on the track it is starting to grow on me. I'm looking forward to getting my Johnson one which should be anyday now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts