Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here watch "Pinks", and "Pinks:All Out", on Speed? If you are in Ohio, Pennsylvania or surrounding area, this may interest you.....

For all you DRAG RACERS:

PINKS: All Out Comes to Summit Motorsports Park in 2008;
Participant Registration Opens December 3

(Norwalk, Oh.) – PINKS: All Out, one of the most popular automotive television shows in history, comes to Summit Motorsports Park June 6 and 7, 2008.

PINKS: All Out rapidly has become the most-watched weekly series on the SPEED Channel, drawing more than two million viewers a week. Using the setting of a classic 1950s drag race, PINKS: All Out pits contestants against each other with the loser handing over the title (pink slip) to his or her vehicle. 2008 will mark its fifth season.

The premise behind PINKS: All Out is simple. Tracks invite 400 amateur racers to show up for a single day of competition. The PINKS: All Out “matchmaking” team, lead by Nate and Adam Pritchett, spends several hours watching the cars perform, selecting the most evenly matched 16 cars for a single-elimination, bracket-format showdown. Drivers earn $1,000 for each round they win, with the last competitor standing earning $10,000 in cash. The entire day, with crowd counts often surpassing 20,000, is caught on SPEED cameras, with the grueling effort airing every week.

“When we set about putting together our dream list of tracks we’d like to visit in 2008, Summit Motorsports Park was at the top of the list,” said Robert Ecker, SPEED Channel VP of programming and executive producer of PINKS: All Out. “There was no doubt this is a facility we want to be at, and we couldn’t be more excited about bringing the show to Norwalk, Ohio next summer.”

“We’ve really struck an emotional chord with our audience,” said PINKS: All Out host and executive producer Rich Christensen, “giving fans a very pure product…two drivers, two cars, the drop of my arms, winner takes all. Now we want to find who thrives in this kind of pressure-cooker environment.”

“By bringing PINKS: All Out to Summit Motorsports Park we are continuing to grow the fan base and attendance,” said Bill Bader, Jr., president of the Norwalk, Ohio facility. “When PINKS: All Out brings 20,000 people to a racetrack these are usually not your typical hard-core drag racing fans. A lot of these people are new to the sport and for many of them this will be their first time at a race track.”

Participants at Summit Motorsports Park will be limited to the first 400 entries. Registration will begin at noon Eastern time, Monday, December 3, 2007 by phone at (419) 668-5555 or online at http://www.SummitMotorsportsPark.com.

# # #

Summit Motorsports Park at Norwalk

Media Contact: Jon Hedges

phone: 330 474-1650 | fax: 330 474-1658 | mobile: 330 807-1866

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Me and a friend of mine almost went to the Pinks that was in Bristol. Awesome show! I love watching it, to bad it ends up like a Soap Opra sometimes lol

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Ken, you gonna bring your new ride out there and give it a try out?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's an interesting idea. I'd really like to. Ya know, I never thought of it cause I'm still not used to HAVING something like that sitting in storage, instead of WISHING I HAD something like that to play with.
I will check into it. I would need a uniform, shoes, hood and gloves. The again I may want to have someone else run it so I don't crash it and get hurt. Wouldn't take too much w/the back and all..
Now if it was the regular "Pinks", win or lose it.....NO WAY! LOL! Then again I don't wanna take the chance of crashing it and messing it up. It's so clean and pristine, that It would be true shame to destroy it. I'm not gonna treat it like a trailer queen, cause I truelly believe a car like that should be driven, but on one hand I wanna race it, on the other I wanna baby it and just cruise it to weekend shows. I guess it will all come down to the mood of the heart at the time.
Damn you, had to put that idea in my head didn't ya!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i just thought it would be pretty cool to see that car in action and to watch the show and be able to say "i know that guy".

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be a Dream come true to run it, and better yet to have an audience or even better still "a crew" to share it with me. If it's gonna happen, it will be posted here, so as many as want can come "Witness the Power of the Awesome Bolt!" LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts