Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this just happened this morning just a couple houses down from mine. there was cars for as far as the eye could see when i came home from bringing my daughter to her doctors visit, when i got home i called a cop buddy of mine and he had told me what was going on. i didnt know him personally but i do know some of his family. this is a sad state of affairs. this is the updated story:

15-Year-Old Dead from Believed Accidental Shooting

Aug 1, 2007 05:29 PM CDT

15-Year-Old Shot

A 15-year-old boy is dead, and his 12-year-old brother is having a hard time dealing with the loss. WAFB's Tyana Williams spoke with the boys' grandfather, who lives next door, and says he found his grandson.

The two boys were at home alone Wednesday morning. Family members say the older brother was showing his younger brother how to load and unload a gun, when it went off, shooting the 15-year-old in head. His grandfather certainly didn't want to go into detail about what he found. Jerry Kinchen spent his morning getting hugs and welcoming family and friends, who turned his front yard into a parking lot.

Next door to his house is where he found the body of his 15-year-old grandson, Jerry Kyle Stewart. Albany police say Jerry was showing his 12-year-old brother, Josh, how to load and unload a 12-gauge shotgun, when it accidently went off, shooting Jerry in the head. The 12-year-old brother then called his mother, who's a teacher at Albany High School. She then called her father, the boys' grandfather, to go and see what happened.

He won't say a lot about what he found in the house, only that he'll miss his oldest grandchild. Kinchen says, "He was always outgoing, loved people and would do anything for anybody. He was a, to me he was a genius, computer genius." Jerry Kyle Stewart would have been a 10th grader at Denham Springs High School.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
That is very sad news, I hunt and shoot guns a lot. You can never be too safe with a gun, never ever ever point it at someone loaded or unloaded because you never know. My kids are still very young and I teach them as much as I can about safety especially with firearms.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Just found out that the kid that got killed sparred with my oldest son in Karate! He played Ball with my step son and went to School with my step daughter. Didn't realise how close he was to our family when Eric told me until I passed on the information to my kids! Made me think and double heck all my trigger guards and locks! I have kids that are the same age and each of them has a gun and have been thru hunters saftey but I still take the extra precautions! So sad!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts