Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrestlemania main event spoiled with local ad? On commercial break as i was watching RAW tonight (6 days before wrestlemania), an ad for Smackdown/ECW wrestlemania revenge coming to my area aired. The May 6th show advertised Basista vs. Mr. Kennedy for the world heavyweight championship. This comes as a huge surprise considering it could potentially spoil TWO wrestlemania matches, the most obvious being the Undertaker vs. Batista title match, as well as the money in the bank match involving Mr. Kennedy (possibly). (Thanks to Danny Colwel)

WWE advertised a house in Poughkeepsie , Ny on May,05 headlined by Batista defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Ken Kennedy as well as Bobby Lashley defending the ECW World Title against Snitsky. Take it for what its worth. (Thanks to [email protected])

That said, I was just watching RAW, and they advertised a house show on the Smackdown/ECW Wrestlemania Revenge tour on May 5th in Poughkipsee New York in which Batista will face Mr. Kennedy for the title, and the Undertaker is advertised only as being "in action" that night. I know the WWE has done stuff like this before and changed their plans in the past, but just figured I'd drop this bit of info your way! (Thanks to Joe Van Axeman)

Just as a side note, Undertaker has never lost at Mania, i think it will piss off most of the fans of this show if they make Taker lose the match to Batista. I know i will be.

WrestleMania winning streak
The Undertaker's winning streak at WrestleMania is unparalleled in World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment history, standing currently at 14 victories, no losses and no draws (14-0-0), in which he has defeated 14 different opponents. Edge holds the next best record with 5 wins and zero losses (5-0). Since The Undertaker's introduction to the WWF/E, he has missed only WrestleMania X and WrestleMania 2000, both times due to injuries. The wrestlers whom Undertaker has faced during the streak are:

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (WrestleMania VII in 1991)

Jake "The Snake" Roberts (WrestleMania VIII in 1992)

Giant Gonzales (WrestleMania IX in 1993 by disqualification)

King Kong Bundy (WrestleMania XI in 1995)

Diesel (WrestleMania XII in 1996)

Sycho Sid (WrestleMania 13 in 1997 for the WWF Championship)

Kane (WrestleMania XIV in 1998)

The Big Boss Man (WrestleMania XV in a Hell in a Cell match in 1999)

Triple H (WrestleMania X-Seven in 2001)

Ric Flair (WrestleMania X8 in a No Disqualification match in 2002)

A-Train and The Big Show (WrestleMania XIX in a Handicap match in 2003)

Kane (WrestleMania XX in 2004)

Randy Orton (WrestleMania 21 in 2005)

Mark Henry (WrestleMania 22 in a Casket match in 2006)

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
I wouldn't read too much into those local ads. Those things are shot well ahead of time and they often don't change them purposely before a big show like Mania. I can remember a WWF show coming to Nashville in 1999 a little while after Owen Hart's tragic death. It still had him advertsied for the event on TV commercials all the way up until the event took place. They never changed the commercial. I felt that that their laziness on that one was in very poor taste.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well love him or hate him, he is an icon of sports entertainment. and so far he is the only wrestler that has never lost at Mania. he could have easily jumped ship like Hogan but he didnt. so i think if Vince can write the story lines to be if Hulk Hogan wrestles at a pay-per-view he has got to win or he wont wrestle, i think he can write it so Taker wins Mania here out until his retirement. Taker has been more faithful to WWE than most wrestlers. i have been a fan of Takers since he was Mean Mark Callous, and to be blunt about it, i think it will be pretty f*cked up if Vince takes it away from him.

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
I agree, Joker. The Undertaker is one of the most well respected individuals in the business. He's never played politics like Hogan or Triple H. I have always enjoyed his work and I think Vince understands that Taker needs to keep his streak intact. It is part of his legacy. Taker doesn't want to work a full-time schedule but he has no plans of retiriment in the near future. Beating the Undertaker at WM would be the ultimate rub for someone, just not Batista. I don't like Batista at all. His moveset is predictable. He hasn't done anything new in the ring in months. The only thing he has going for him is his physique. He is lazy. He seems to be taking it easy in the ring most of the time. I guess with his injury history you can understand that somewhat. I just feel like he hasn't done anything to step his game up like John Cena has since WWE has made them top guys. From what I understand, Batista isn't exactly loved backstage either. Many of the veterans have voiced displeasure with his attitude. It even led to a little scuffle with Booker T at the Summer Slam TV commercial shoot last year in which Book got the better of "The Animal" by most accounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts