Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about the Race here for the guys that ordered it.

Just ordered mine and looking forward to watching it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Couldn't order it! :thumbdown: Was hoping to get a recorded copy of it. Hoping I can catch it on a rerun on one of the channels!! Hope everyone that goets to see it enjoys it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was an awesome race and an awesome time. Larkin: Blazer77 has a line on a DVD copy of the race for you. I guess the only bummer was the inaccessability to the drivers other than Kenseth signing at his trailer. I'm sure whenever Adam wakes up, he'll post pics of his Gordon 1/24 COT he picked up from the trailer. I'll have to work on getting some pics up as well. I now know where the middle of nowhere is, Eldora Speedway happens to be there-LOL

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Heard you both had a great time! Hopefully Adams copy has all the races not just the HBO version. I've heard that the PFV had only the Prelude to a Dream heats and main event. Hopefully we will get to see it down here soon! Dp is recorded the HBO version on VHS for me and Eric to watch! Sure was hoping to see you both get more autographs! I know Adam had a duffle bag full he was carring and that didn't pan out well! He said he brought home more sovenier mud and dirt than anything! I talked to him for about 30 minutes and he said he was going to post or send pics later today. He also said you both had a good enough time that he plans on doing it again next year. Sounds to me that all in all you both enjoyed a good night of down and dirty dirt track racing!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
oohh, I didn't know HBO cut out those intermission feature races. Those guys were tickled pink to be out there racing on the same track as the Cup boys. It would have been better to show those races instead of DW driving a water truck........

Adam's diecast duffle bag was big enough to......... well...... we could have opened up our own trailer-LOL. With the in/out priviledges and being parked so close to the grandstand, it really wasn't that big of an inconvenience.

I find it interesting after the fact that I was motivated to go to Eldora to see Jeff Gordon and his run on the dirt, but I find myself wanting to go back next year regardless of whether Jeff will be there or not. It really was a fun time!!! Tony Stewart and Co put on a hell of a show!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
harsh94 said:
oohh, I didn't know HBO cut out those intermission feature races. Those guys were tickled pink to be out there racing on the same track as the Cup boys. It would have been better to show those races instead of DW driving a water truck........
They did interviews with the drivers and did a tour of the camp with Austin Petty, during the other races. :rollseyes:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I have Dish Network, and their PPV version, only showed the Cup drivers races. They did show the guy who won the feature for the support class, and said he did it w/a last lap pass.
It was awesome racing, just more proof that NASCAR needes to shorten their events, and add some shows on dirt like ARCA does.
I wonder if Jay Signoire was watching and has some ideas for the IROC Series?

·
Registered
724 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
I have Dish Network, and their PPV version, only showed the Cup drivers races. They did show the guy who won the feature for the support class, and said he did it w/a last lap pass.
It was awesome racing, just more proof that NASCAR needes to shorten their events, and add some shows on dirt like ARCA does.
Oh yeah Tony said he would glady host a race at Eldora for IROC, but sadly IROC has no money and pretty much a lack of interest and parity.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
KK3869 said:
FFighter_21 said:
Oh yeah Tony said he would glady host a race at Eldora for IROC, but sadly IROC has no money and pretty much a lack of interest and parity.
Maybe NASCAR will take a page outta the ARCA book and schedule a race at Eldora....NOT!!! Would be sweet though wouldn't it?!

·
Registered
724 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
KK3869 said:
FFighter_21 said:
Maybe NASCAR will take a page outta the ARCA book and schedule a race at Eldora....NOT!!! Would be sweet though wouldn't it?!
Yeah it would, haven't race on dirt since 1970.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts