Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was/is the story on these? Did they scrap the idea and quit making them? I had the Sr. Platinum 75th win car, and then the PP's came out and they looked like it, platinum w/white logos etc. I always liked them, kinda classy looking. I wanted to get some, but never got around to it, and then they disappeared or dried up. However you wanna say it. I am curious if they are still around and if they will continue to make them, or if they shit canned the idea. LMK if anyone knows. Thanks for the read guys....

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
There was only one Presidential Platinum release and that was for Rustys last year... there could be more, but I havent heard, or seen any. There was a Gordon "chase" car for his 75th win that was done in platinum like Dale Sr.'s Atlanta car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember seeing the ad for them in RCCA, but never another one after the Ruasty Wallace. Thought for sure they would do more. Another typical Action screwup. They have a tendancy to produce the lame stuff, and the really cool stuff gets cancelled or discontinued.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
To be honest, i think it was a total bust. They were advertised for 225 bucks, and were down to 70-80 on eBay not very long afterwards... maybe when Mark finally decides to hang it up we'll get another one. :D

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd buy that one, even for $225.00....

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Way to go you dog!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Keep in mind "Presidential" in Presidential Platnum was in reference to Fred Waganhals who autographed these pieces as well as Rusty. Fred was President of a Company that is no longer. That program was with a company that is no longer.
I could go over what the plan was at the time ARC rolled this out, but what's the point???

Speculate for a moment another Presidential Platinum release with Mark Martin's autograph and Ruth Crowley's autograph. You guys would be all upset that some girl signed your diecast, now wouldn't you!!

:))

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah not really. I could care less who else signed the damn thing. As long as it was that nicely detailed, and had MM's signature on it, it would be OK w/me. I want it for my collection, not for re-sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts