Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Winners Circle # 1 Fan
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1/24 2001 Kevin Harvick chrome car on March 26 2012 ... The seller emailed me and said he shipped it right out on March 31st . Today is April 5th and i have STILL not gotten my car .. and the seller NEVER marked the item as shipped and gave me a tracking # for it . I have emailed him ONCE already about this problem and he did NOT get back with me .. His feedback went from 903 up to 1000 in a matter of 2 days ! I am about to email him again and this is what im saying to him this time :

This is my second try at getting in contact with you . Today is Thursday !! I STILL have not gotten my car yet . I dont know why its taking this long unless it wasnt shipped . IF it was shipped on March 31st I WOULD have gotten by today coming from Fla ! So i dont personally think it was shipped at this time . I also find it strange that you havent contacted me back from my first email i sent you reguarding this ! PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH INFO ABOUT THIS . If i dont get my car by SATURDAY , then i might have to contact ebay possibly . I dont want to have to do this ... but if it comes down to it .. i will sorry to say .

Am i doing the right thing by sending this to him ? I feel that i am . AND should i contact ebay if i dont get my car by Saturday like i said ?

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
If he shipped it March 31st, that was this past Saturday. Since the post office is closed on Sunday's, it wouldn't even have initiated the shipping until Monday sometime, which was the 2nd... Today is only the 5th, and the mail can sometimes take a full week to arrive depending on the shipping method. If it was standard shipping, then I would say be patient a little longer since it's only been 3 1/2 business days since the item was shipped.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
It sounds to me like he does a lot of business on Ebay. As a seller, it is his responsibility to get you your car, and even though the mail can be slow at times, you should have gotten your car by now. If he is still selling (which he obviously is) then he should respond to your queries.

Make sure you send you messages through the Ebay contact seller system. You are correct in letting him know that you will open a claim with Ebay if you don't receive your car (you can always close it if the car shows up). If he sent it parcel post, however, it can take 4-5 days to get there, even from Florida. If by Saturday morning, it doesn't arrive, and he doesn't contact you, submit a claim through Ebay/Paypal for "item not received" and I guarantee that will get his attention.

In addition, let him know that if he continues to ignore you, it will reflect in his feedback as well.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I would like to add that, even though it hasn't been a week since it was supposedly shipped, the car was bought and paid for on Monday the 26th-- but the seller waited 5 days before shipping it-- WTF??? Now he isn't responding to questions about the location of the item when the expected delivery date was yesterday? At least the seller should have the common courtesy to answer the questions he asked. I say send the second question to ensure the package was shipped since no tracking information was provided.

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
I ran into this also. If there is not tracking number, its difficult to find it. The seller really needs to contact the local post office he shipped from and let them try to find it. A big determining factor in this is if the seller got insurance on the item. I would start there with the seller and put it into their hands for right now. Give him a couple days to figure that out then see if you get a response. I WOULD state in your email, that if there is no response by a certain date(that you select) you will report the seller and to ebay. Ebay is pretty good about getting your money back when you open a case with them. Remember, sometimes things do get lost at the post office and not really in the sellers hands. But hey, money is money and you should either get the car or your money back. Hope this helps, good luck!

PS. I have waited for almost 2 weeks for something to get to me from ebay purchase before, whether it be the seller or the mail.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
From what I saw, he said he bought the car on the 26th. But as you know, the way Ebay works, it's possible it wasn't paid for immediately. Many auctions give you a few days for payment. @eclipseracer08, did you pay for it immediately after winning the bid, or did you wait a few days before you submitted the payment?

I would like to add that, even though it hasn't been a week since it was supposedly shipped, the car was bought and paid for on Monday the 26th-- but the seller waited 5 days before shipping it-- WTF??? Now he isn't responding to questions about the location of the item when the expected delivery date was yesterday? At least the seller should have the common courtesy to answer the questions he asked. I say send the second question to ensure the package was shipped since no tracking information was provided.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
A big determining factor in this is if the seller got insurance on the item. I would start there with the seller and put it into their hands for right now. Give him a couple days to figure that out then see if you get a response.
Regardless of whether the seller got insurance or not, it is the seller's responsibility until the item is in the buyer's hands. Period. I know some Ebay sellers will claim that the buyer can purchase insurance, but Ebay will side with the buyer every time if an item is not delivered.

It's just like buying a product from any other retailer. They either insure or they are self-insured, but until you take possession of the product, you are not responsible for it. Either the company that sold it, or the insuring agent (i.e. UPS, the USPS, etc.) is. Insurance protests the seller, not the buyer. Regardless of whether he bought insurance or not, and whether he tracked it or not, it's his money at risk, not Nick's.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
779 Posts
Remember post office is closed tomorrow for good friday. I would give it until Monday.

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
I was referring to the seller being able to track and insure himself on the item, not that it had anything to do with the buyer. Read the statement.

Regardless of whether the seller got insurance or not, it is the seller's responsibility until the item is in the buyer's hands. Period. I know some Ebay sellers will claim that the buyer can purchase insurance, but Ebay will side with the buyer every time if an item is not delivered.

It's just like buying a product from any other retailer. They either insure or they are self-insured, but until you take possession of the product, you are not responsible for it. Either the company that sold it, or the insuring agent (i.e. UPS, the USPS, etc.) is. Insurance protests the seller, not the buyer. Regardless of whether he bought insurance or not, and whether he tracked it or not, it's his money at risk, not Nick's.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
The Post Office is not closed on Good Friday. Neither are banks. Good Friday is a Religious Holiday and is not recognized as a national holiday by the Federal Government, so mail will be delivered as usual tomorrow and Saturday.

Remember post office is closed tomorrow for good friday. I would give it until Monday.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
779 Posts
Odd,.I had just left one if my local post offices and they had a sign saying they would be closed tomorrow.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
Could just be a local deal with you. Do you live in a major city? I live in Orlando and our Post Office's are business as usual.

Odd,.I had just left one if my local post offices and they had a sign saying they would be closed tomorrow.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
I got this online and am copying/pasting it here. I did find some sites that say that some states may have additional days, so I could be wrong on which states observe Good Friday. Most don't, however. And even some states that do observe it (like my state, Florida) will still have Postal services in most areas.

2012 Post Office Holidays

Below is a list of the 2012 post office holidays. Mail will not be delivered or sent on these days so plan accordingly. It is very important to pay close attention to the information below because many of the days that you might expect the USPS to be closed or open aren't always as you expect. Feel free to use this 2012 USPS holiday quick reference guide or calendars at the bottom of the page. The last thing you want is to expect the mailman to pickup an important package only to find out it is a post office holiday.

Jan 2 New Year's Day (observed) Monday Jan 16 Martin Luther King Day Monday Feb 20 Presidents' Day Monday May 28 Memorial Day Monday Jul 4 Independence Day Wednesday
Sep 3 Labor Day Monday Oct 8 Columbus Day Monday Nov 12 Veterans' Day (observed) Monday Nov 22 Thanksgiving Thursday Dec 25 Christmas Day Tuesday

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Nick, I would suggest something along these lines.

Dear Seller, I was just checking the status of my order, I paid for item on X day and it has been X days since. I noticed that you have not updated the tracking info with ebay and was just curious as to when you shipped my item plus would you be kind enough to give me the tracking info so I know when to expect it.

Thanks for taking the time to look this up for me and I appreciate prompt attention to this matter so I do not have to file an item not received dispute with ebay as I realize it was probably just an oversight on your part not uploading tracking info.

Thanks

I have found that a nice worded letter stating your frustration over not receiving the tracking info and item yet tends to get a response.

Take Care and good luck!
Scott

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
779 Posts
Could just be a local deal with you. Do you live in a major city? I live in Orlando and our Post Office's are business as usual.
Must be! Drove by again for good measure on the way back to my house and the sign is still there. I'm just outside of Houston.

Guess we'll see if the mailman comes knocking here tomorrow or not!

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
According to Wikipedia (I am not sure how much you can trust Wikipedia), Texas is one of the few states that consider it Good Friday a State Holiday. If the State calls it a State Holiday, then it is possible they can close their Post Offices as well. Florida considers Good Friday a state Holiday too, but only the Public School system is closed for us. So when I say the Post Office is open, I guess I am only speaking for Florida and whatever state doesn't honor Good Friday as a State Holiday.

For the record, the following states consider Good Friday a State Holiday (although it doesn't mean post offices are closed even if it is considered a State Holiday):

Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Tennessee and Texas.

Must be! Drove by again for good measure on the way back to my house and the sign is still there. I'm just outside of Houston.

Guess we'll see if the mailman comes knocking here tomorrow or not!

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
779 Posts
According to Wikipedia (I am not sure how much you can trust Wikipedia), Texas is one of the few states that consider it Good Friday a State Holiday. If the State calls it a State Holiday, then it is possible they can close their Post Offices as well. Florida considers Good Friday a state Holiday too, but only the Public School system is closed for us. So when I say the Post Office is open, I guess I am only speaking for Florida and whatever state doesn't honor Good Friday as a State Holiday.

For the record, the following states consider Good Friday a State Holiday (although it doesn't mean post offices are closed even if it is considered a State Holiday):

Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Tennessee and Texas.
Well they do things weird here.. so not much would surprise me.

·
Winners Circle # 1 Fan
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah and that first email i DID send first and didnt hear from him yet . But i dont wanna bug him to the point where he gets mad .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts