Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly only Action/MA has the prototype stickers and they can't be bought. But you know how that goes. If you want a prototype wait till T.E. Tommy on Ebay gets the one you want. 9 times out of 10 he will get it.

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
tazmania2329 said:
JPM42 said:
Supposedly only Action/MA has the prototype stickers and they can't be bought. But you know how that goes. If you want a prototype wait till T.E. Tommy on Ebay gets the one you want. 9 times out of 10 he will get it.
those are the ones i was looking at but it seems he has 2 almost alike..so if there protos why is there 2 of them.
i do think that they make more than one prototype but most are destroyed from what i understand.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
one good way to tell is if the car was never actually released.
I have a couple protos, and those hologram stickers do not come off, so if it has one, either it came that way or somebody got them new somewhere.
The only thing I question about the stuff TE Tommy sells are the Muscle Machine protos. I have seen him list and sell the same prototype over and over on them ... so it gives me pause.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I've asked about this from some pretty reliable sources. I don't know how true it is but this is what I was told. first of is the actual NASCAR prototypes. Each paint scheme and or size may have up to 6 cars made to send out. One goes to the team for inspection, If it is elected to be used it may not be kept by the team, however if they elect for it not to be used it may be kept. One may go to the driver. why I haven't a clue but that's what I was told, one goes to the primary sponsor and one goes to the licensing committee for approval. The final car is kept for discussion about changes and for a reference for the manufacturer.
Now for the Muscle machines, there are more than the original made, they have to be sent to toy expose, different stores, and different distribution points that may carry them, along with being approved by the NASCR licensing committee and the sponsors and teams. That is why there are more of those.
My question is this, I have heard that most get destroyed that aren't approved too. Now I can believe that on the actual NASCAR ones for the fact that they are so limited and many are only seen once and then never seen again. On the Muscle machines do they destroy the ones that don't pass? Another question is, How does someone get access to prototypes. T.E.Tommy is one of the best know on ebay but he is by far not the only dealer that gets them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts