Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this was a 2 section question, I put it in this forum. But I am asking for opinions on which one to get. I am thinking that with my tax return on getting one or the other, but just can't choose. The games I'm mostly interested in playing are sports type, not the shooter games (Halo, Call of Duty...)

so let's here some opinions, and please don't make this a bashing one system cause it doesn't have this game type thread.

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
if sports, id say playstation 3. plus the built in bluray is a bonus

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
Ive always thought xbox was better with sports.

Playstation doesn't charge to play online unlike xbox live costs to play.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the bluray isn't a major factor as I already have one of those. Thanks for the opinions and keep em coming.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Since blu ray is not a deciding factor.

Like others have said xbox is pay for online (55 or 60 bucks for a year) and PS is free.

Since you play mainly sports titles there is really no differance between the two.

All sports titles expect for MLB the Show series (Baseball) and the Gran Turismo (non NASCAR type racing) series come out on both systems. Forza Motorsports is the non NASCAR style racing for the Xbox. There is hardly any exclusivness to a particular system in sports gaming.

So IMO you could just pick whatever system looks the coolest in your mind and whether you want to pay to play online or not. You can't really go wrong with either one.

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
If Blu ray isn't an issue, I'd go to like a Walmart or somewhere that they have them both set up to try, and see which controller you like better. I have both systems, but I find I play games more often on the 360, as I like the controller design and layout better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I only play the 360 for racing games cause i like the controller for it my brother has the ps3 it's cool and all but I prefer the Xbox over it but out of everything I prefer the pc over ps3 and 360 it's better all the way around

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Playstation 3, since I (assume) you'll be playing racing titles.. it has the best wheels out there for good prices.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I have used playstation controllers for years. I recently got a ps3 and have had a 360 for a couple years but rarely used it because I cannot seem to get used to the 360 controllers. I would definitely go like to a walmart or gamestop and play each and a feel for what you like and make your decision based on that.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the responses.

Then another question is, do I really need the larger hard drive, or is that more if you are playing a lot of the games online, so it stores them there?

·
Do people read these?
6,452 Posts
You could go to GameStop and try them out and see which one you like better.

Personally I like PS3 better. I have one.. :)

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Thanks for all the responses.

Then another question is, do I really need the larger hard drive, or is that more if you are playing a lot of the games online, so it stores them there?
Depends on how much you think you'll use it. I have one of the smaller hard drives for my PS3 and it's mostly untouched. I have one downloaded game and a few television episodes. That's it.

Some people have the larger harddrive and it's about full. It just depends on how much you think you'll download for games and media content (movies, TV shows, ect.)

·
Banned
0 Posts
I agree with Zach, if you are wanting to play racing games using a wheel then definitely the PS3 is the better choice due to the wide range of compatible wheels.

If you prefer to use a controller for everything, the Xbox controller is more comfortable in my opinion and the fact that you're not used to one over the other is a plus.

The hard drive size is only important if you plan on buying alot of extra content such as games and movies via the online stores that both the Xbox and PS3 have. Don't let that sway your decision between the two. The bottom end PS3 comes with 160gb and the Xbox with 4GB but I cannot recommend the 4GB Xbox, definitely go with the 250GB.

Here's a controller that I've used with the PS3 [ame]http://www.amazon.com/HKS-Racing-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003UF9BK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330986741&sr=8-1[/ame] that allows for more control while playing racing games without the extra hassle of a wheel.

Finally, the Xbox 360 250GB system is on sale this week at Best Buy for $250 (regularly $300) and the normal price for the PS3 160GB is $250.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
if storage is important xbox just released a 320 gb hard drive for $99. xbox can piss you off at times. system upgrades often create issues such as game or console freezes etc. a few xbox games wont let me invite more than one friend into the game. still i use my xbox till it glows in the dark and it keeps on tickin lol. yearly gold cards can always be found on sale especially towards christmas.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Id say xbox for the online play, It might cost a little, its 60 a year or 20 for 3 months but like in most things you get what you pay for. PS3 may be free but its also treated like something that is free, and the compotition isnt as good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts