Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a autographed dale jr
nationwide car that he ran at daytona last year 3 wrangler raced version 1:24 it's autographed by Dale jr Windshield Kelly Earnhardt roof Tony Eury jr trunk and Richard Childress hood. The guy is asking 799.95 + 14.35 to ship. personally I think he is asking way to much for the car

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I have the color Chrome version signed by Jr on the windshield, Kelley E on the roof, and Richard C on the rear window. Would probably take $800 for me to part with it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,505 Posts
He can always ask that much for it. Doesn't mean someone will buy it. But I forgot there are a lot of Jr.fans out there with deep pockets.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He can always ask that much for it. Doesn't mean someone will buy it. But I forgot there are a lot of Jr.fans out there with deep pockets.
the only person i see buying that is a crazy Earnhardt collector like you said with deep pockets

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
the only person i see buying that is a crazy Earnhardt collector like you said with deep pockets
Dale Jr fan here but can't hardly get my hands in my pocket.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
That belongs to @checkerflagzone

Its a nice car

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I think $800 is too much for 4 signatures that have no way to be authenticated beyond the sellers word, regardless of who it is. There is no hologram (for Jr's sig) and the car itself is worth maybe $80-$100. That means you're paying $700 for the four signatures. Granted, it would be difficult to obtain those four sigs, but not impossible. But for $700, I could drive down to Charlotte, track down those four people and get those sigs myself.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Good point. A person can ask anything they want but doesnt mean they will get it.

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
I am the owner of the car. After reading some of the posts, I thought I'd add a little more that might give some a better understanding of why the car is priced where it is. Aside from the car being signed by the main stakeholders affiliated with it, and that Jr has already publically announced he will not race the #3 car again, the real uniqueness comes with the incription of the "3" with Jr's auto. This is what in my opinion makes this very valuable for a collector. To our knowledge, I am only aware of three cars on the market place where Jr. has done thison the Wrangler car (we own 2 of them). I know of many collectors who have asked him to do this, however, he has just signed his name. I believe there was even somebody here on DCZ, that once shared a story, where Jr incribed an "88" & not a "3" on this same car.

As for questions of authenticity, I guess I can only do or say so much, but I do back our autographs with a written policy guarantee, use Ebay Approved 3rd Party Authentication, and try to offer as much proof of reasonably possible, but its nearly impossible to take photos or obtain hollograms on every single item we obtain...thats just the reality.

I don't expect everybody to agree with the pricing, but hopefully this gives a little more insight to some.

This will be a tough one to part with, when it does sell...Jr is by far my favorite driver

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
When Jr signed mine I asked him to put the number, and he put an 88. Not a real big deal to me, cause the car is not going anywhere, but wish he had put a 3.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
When Jr signed mine I asked him to put the number, and he put an 88. Not a real big deal to me, cause the car is not going anywhere, but wish he had put a 3.

Ha.. Denny Hamlin did the same thing to me at the Milwaukee Mile in 2006. Gave him a 2006 #11 Fed-Ex car to sign & he added a #20 to it, added a #11 to the other though.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great looking car and the autos are cool , but it ain't $800 cool!

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
I guess I don't see the uniqueness. Everytime I asked him to sign a number/full name or whatever he did it. An "inscription" doesn't really mean anything unless it's a nickname (jawz, rowdy, etc.) As far as the 3 goes that really doesn't mean much either. If they hadn't made 100 different versions of this car the yeah maybe it might be worth something. The car itself will go the way of Jr's Elvis, 3 days of dale, and pretty much every standard car of his.

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
I guess I don't see the uniqueness. Everytime I asked him to sign a number/full name or whatever he did it. An "inscription" doesn't really mean anything unless it's a nickname (jawz, rowdy, etc.) As far as the 3 goes that really doesn't mean much either. If they hadn't made 100 different versions of this car the yeah maybe it might be worth something. The car itself will go the way of Jr's Elvis, 3 days of dale, and pretty much every standard car of his.
Thats cool! I would love to see what Dale Jr. pieces you have got where he signed his full name, post 2003 or inscribed a #3 on a similar car, like the Wrangler. Would you mind posting photos on DCZ for us to see?

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
All pics have been posted here before and deleted. I don't have anything left of JR. I had his 2002 Race Used Helmet signed with his full name, a few 88 cars with his number, and a Mom N Pops hauler with a "3". All have been sold (that I know of).

·
Registered
903 Posts
I am just really trying to figure out how all of you are able to get these sigs. I have bought several auto's and have stored away, but if I had a chance to ask him to sign something, he could sign "take a hike:biggrin:" and I would be thrilled.....

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
I'm a Dale Jr fan and my pockets seem to be full of emptiness, lol. Thats a real nice car, but my dealer has a Gordon, Johnson, Martin, and Jr Chevy 100 1/24th cars all signed for $600. Now to me my dealers price, which is set by Lionel, but he is always at the low side, but anyways to me thats a great deal and you get a Chevy logo tin with all those cars inside for free.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I am just really trying to figure out how all of you are able to get these sigs. I have bought several auto's and have stored away, but if I had a chance to ask him to sign something, he could sign "take a hike:biggrin:" and I would be thrilled.....
just need to get to the track....your best bet is to be there on qualifying day. That is when he's laid back the most, I see him go up and down pit road a lot partciularly after he's taken his run and particularly if he's had a good run. He's very partial to women and even kids to some extent...all it takes is a pit pass...garage access is helpful but not the end all be all...I've seen him snub plenty of folks because he gets hounded by people with the special access trying load their stores and turn a buck. I feel for him at that point and you know who they are...you see the same folks at half the tracks and TRUST me...the drivers know who they are on site and some take rather evasive manuevers to avoid the same assclowns. That said he's really relaxed quite a bit since joining HMS...when he was with DEI...good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts